Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how high out of 10 do you rate lebron james

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IGmaN, Apr 23, 2005.

1. IGmaN

IGmaN IncGamers Member

how high out of 10 do you rate lebron james

out of ten, how high? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :clap:

2. Killax

Killax IncGamers Member

10, hes the real deal. just needs better team mates

3. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Meh, I'll give him an 8-9. Far too much to prove yet to be a 10, including winning a championship.

4. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Winning a championship proves a team, not a player (in my opinion). It does look good on a resume though.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

whats his number? 23?

get your own damn number

his score
    ZERO

6. Ranger14

I use to feel the same, but as I have watched the game over the years, you can be a great player and not win a championship, but can you be a "perfect 10" player? I don't think so. A perfect player needs to be able to lead his team to a championship, otherwise they can't score a 10 in my book. My opinion, but being a "perfect" player you should have to meet some pretty tough criteria and winning a championship is one of the critereia I would expect.

I agree, Aero. Given all the comparisons and expectations when he entered the game, he should have politely and respectfully asked for a different number. That bothered me though it didn't affect my scoring. :)

7. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Rising stock

The only player who ever played in the NBA who warrants a ten played for the Bulls in the 80s and 90s...and I don't mean Dennis Rodman. Only Michael Jordan deserves a 10.

LeBron James is more humble than Kobe but every bit as talented; LeBron's also more of a team player. I give him an 8 based on talent and skill shown thus far.

8. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Lebron is a good player, becoming a great player. He still has several flaws though and needs to prove himself.

+

Great NBA body, unselfish passer, explosive towards the basket, shooting has improved, plays passing lanes well on defense, rebounds well on defense, shows a will to win.

-

Still cannot effectively beat a doubleteam, gambles so much on defense his man gets a lot of open looks, long range shot less effective and he shoots it too much, plays great through 3 quarters, comes up short in the 4th. Also, and most ominously, he has shown signs of ego recently, in particular towards his fans and teammates.

Overall, a 8/10. IMO, the top 2 gaurds in the NBA at this point (kobe, wade, tmac, vince as a net in that order after him). Can get a lot better and if he develops in the right way, can become an all time great. I need to see him come up at clutch time (and honestly, ask yourself, lebron or ben gordon at the buzzer, who would you bet on?) and see him lead a team, not just be the best on a team. I need to see his weaknesses improve (defense and shooting - common for a young player) and see him learn to make his teammates better and overcome defensive tricks. When I do, I will call him higher.

Garbad

9. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

Zero. He usually seems sober.

10. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

9. you cant win a playoff title by yourself - mj couldnt do it .. why should he be able to with a "mediocre" team .. not his fault.

i hope he's traded, itll be much more excitiung.

11. piff

piff IncGamers Member

His skill level is only a 7.5 now, but such high potential can't be overlooked. Look for this kid to be a 9.5 in a couple years. BTW, Jordan is the only 10 ever.

12. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Jordan was a 10 no doubt, but ever? Just off the top of my head I'm going to say Bill Russell, Bird, Magic, and Chamberlain were also 10's.

-

Also as others have said you can't blame Lebron for having a crappy team around him, he can only do so much by himself before he needs some help. Oscar Robertson (the only player in the nba to ever avg a triple double for a season) needed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's help before he finally won his trip and Jordan had Pippen (top 5 player in the nba in his prime) and Rodman, best rebounder in the nba and a tough defender. I think Lebron would win a bit more with KG and someone like Ben Wallace on his team.

13. piff

piff IncGamers Member

10 is the number I use for the best and only the best. The players you listed are high, high nines. Like 9.9, 9.8, ect.

14. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

At this moment, LB gets a 7. He can't play defense. Still not in the playoffs. He was the ESPN darling when he first came in. His head is starting to swell. A couple of bad comments and he'll be in the dog house like Kobe. He's a big body. But as a small forward, he can use more quickness. He's really a "potential" player. Everyone is banking on how much he can potentially develop. We'll see.

BTW, Wilt was a 10. Magic was 9. Jordan was an 8.

Wilt and Jordan was arguing one day on who the best was. Then Wilt finally stood up and said "when I played the league changed the rules to make it tougher for me; when you played the league changed the rules to make it easier for you." Jordan stopped arguing.

15. Ranger14

...and those rule changes were ?????

16. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

Lebron gets a 8

Jabar and Chamberlain get my 10s

Jordan, and Magic get 9.8s

Reggie Miller and Larry bird get 9.5s

17. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

nba sucks. it is not basketball. it is 1v1.

18. Ranger14

So why are you posting here then? :rolleyes:

Reggie Miller? 9.5? Insert a confused smiley here. He is a really good player, but there are a lot more players I would rate higher than him.

I would definitely rate Jordan, Johnson and Oscar Robertson as 10's. Jabbar and Chamberlain as probably 10's.

19. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

in his prime, reggie miller was a superstar. 9.5 is pushing it though imo .. he is a very good clutch shooter though.

i dont see why everone is bashing lebron.. imo he will be very close to the next mj - i REALLY want him traded though. grr.

also i dont see why everyone is dissing jordan .. if you're giving jordan 8 .. then what in the world are the "normal" players getting?

20. Ranger14

Reggie was a great clutch player, but I don't think he was a consistent player and wasn't an overall great player. I guess I should check the stats on him. I always saw him as a whiner/crybaby type of player also, which affects my eagerness to rate him over a 9. There's a reason he was captain in 1993-94 season and hasn't been since. Not winning a championship takes some off the top of being a perfect player the way I score. Let's keep in mind that a 10 is your ideal perfect player.