Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How good is your IK barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by goneil, Mar 24, 2004.

1. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

How good is your IK barb?

Please post the stats on your IK barb here.
    1. What rings and ammy are you using?
    2. What is your stat point distribution?
    3. What is your skill point distribution?
    4. What did you socket in your Maul/Helm/Armor
    5. What Charms and weapon switch items are you using?
    6. How much life, defence, and attack rating do you have? (with warcrys)
    7. How much damage do you do with your regular attack? (NOT ww, conc, beserk, ect.)

2. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

I apologize for the double post it was an accident!

3. Canoe

Canoe IncGamers Member

Lvl 79 IK Conc Barb... cruising through hell (in ACT V, haven't killed baal yet).

Rings - Carrion Wind and Ravenfrost
    Ammy - Mahim Oak Curio (for now - will switch to a +2 skill ammy once I have done final Aanya quest)
    Skill Point - Well I messed this up a bit, but i'm around 235 str, 100 dex (i know i know too much), base energy, and 200+ vitality (forget exact number).
    Skills = Typical Conc Build, 20 Conc, 20 BO, 20 Shout, 1 Bezerk, and all the 1 point wonders, almost done maxing mace mastery as well.
    Helm = Ptopaz's, Arm Ptopaz, Maul 2 15IAS + other mods to reach next breakpoint.
    Weapon Switch is Storm Shield and a Glimmershred purely for gloams and gloams only to block their attack - besides that, I never ever switch from IK, no reason too.
    Charms = A couple AR charms (small +30 or better with 2nd mods), Gheeds, and 1 + to battle commands charm.
    AR = 10,200, HPS = ~3200, Def is 12,500 while standing still, about 22,000 when attacking with Concentrate.
    On damage I don't know - as i purely use concentrate, never use the "regular attack" as there isn't a reason too. With Conc it's around 6k.

I know not flashy stuff but i'm slowly getting there, and as I said, he is owning hell without any problem whatsoever.

Oh btw - this is using a might merc.

4. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

I'm using raven frost, carrion wind and cats eye. I'll end up with BK, Raven, and Highlords.

I too have typical conc build but will put extra points in ww for times that large crowd control is needed (like maggots in act 4)

I put shaels in both maul sockets and ias in helm/armor. Gives me max ww frames and good frames for conc as well.

I'm using demon limb and blackoak on switch. This could be better.

I have about 2.5 k life maybe 15 k def (/w warcrys) AR is good but don't have exact #.

don't know or care how much base dmg i do but i'm getting about 6 k dmg for conc and 4 k + for ww.

5. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Ok I had to take my IK Barb apart but Let me see I'm fairly sure I remember his stats, the stats are in the guide anyways. First off he is purely PvM so his ar isnt amazing.
    1. Metalgrid/BK/Ravenfrost
    2. 170str Rest Vitality
    3. 20ww, 20mace amstery, 20shout, 20 BO, Rest in iron skin and a few random skills
    4. Maul = 2 x Shael Helm = 2 x 40ed Armor = 40ed
    5. A few ar and life charms thats its and an Anni. I had dual echoing weapons on switch
    6.4500 life, 18 or 19k defence, 9000 ar
    7. I dont know my regular attack dmg, but ww was 4500 without a merc.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

1. whatever's around. sometimes i go with none if my other chars are using my best stuff. hopefully, someday i'm going to have either 2X soj, 2X bk, or one each, then i can dump my mana boosting charms. Day to day though, i use a 5% LL/80 mana ring, +1 barb, 3ML, 80 mana rare ammy, and a rare LL ring.

2. pure strength.

3. mastery, shout, bo maxxed. 5 nat res, 10 zerk, 13 ww. 10 zerk was a waste, i should have maxxed ww.

4. 1 shael, 1 15 ias jewel.

5. all vita lc's, some vita sc's. switch wep is an 800 damage crafted tmaul i use to stroke my ego.

6. life: 1700, ar: 8k ish, def: 12k normally, like 17k during conc.

7. @7k normal, 8k conc, 9k zerk, 6.8k ww.

7. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

My HCL IK barb:
    1. Ravenfrost + 7/5 dual leecher + Metalgrid
    2. enough to wear the armor, all the rest in vita
    3. 20 WW, 20 Mastery, 20 BO, 20 Shout, 1 in the rest
    4. ShaelShael in the maul, two perfect rubys in the helm, 38%ed/+18life jewel in the armor
    5. Mostly life charms (pretty crappy), some +max/ar charms. Using echoing weapons on switch
    6. 4k life, 15k def, 7.5k ar (11.5k with Demonlimb)
    7. Can't remember. My ww damage is about 5k with might merc though.

8. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

Well im trying to plan a pvp IK barb (lol, i know he wont be that good), and i wanna see if i can get my stats high enough to do OK in melee duels. I got a couple of questions.
    1. Do you think it will be possible to get 20K+ AR with a normal attack by wearing 2 angelic rings and the angelic ammy, 39 3/20/20's in my inventory, demon limb on switch, and base dex (around 75 with gear)?
    2. With max BO, 39 32020's and about 300-350 vitality will i have 5k+ life in bear form (bear form adds an extra 65% life)?
    3. With maxed shout and iron skin how much defence should i have?

9. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

1. Angelic Amulet and Ring + Manald (which will become Raven Frost when I get around to it)
    2. 215 Str, 0 dex, Rest Vit, 0 energy
    3. Max mace mastery, max WW, Max BO, 15 Shout, working on maxing it, then the rest Beserk
    4.Maul:Empty, will have two IAS jewels, Helm:2 Perfect Rubies, Armor Clean
    5. No charms or +3 cry weapons yet (havn't found low enough dex on any of mine) and I have a Demon Limb for enchant if I feel like it
    6. 3.3k life, 11k Defense, 9k ar (11k with Demon Limb's Enchant, 10k with Ik armor's enchant)
    7. No idea...WW is about 4k Beserk 5k Conc 4.5K

Soloing hell with him...I'm at Viper Ammy, I've done every quest and gotten every wp, no deaths yet

10. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

1. Angelic amu+*ring+ravenfrost
    2. base dex, uhm, 225 str I think, 200 vit (only just reached lvl 76)
    3. conc 20 bo 20 shout 18 mastery x
    4. maul: shael shael armor clean helm clean (when i have the time: ed jewels)
    5. charms: a couple of vita, havent had the chance to collect my good charms and switch: demon limb for enchant charges
    6. 3K life I think, not sure can't remember defense 10K ar without enchant, with +-14K iirc
    7. Is that relevant ? when using conc its 3.5-4.5 i think, but normal attack dunno
    [/QUOTE]

11. HouseBaenre

HouseBaenre IncGamers Member

I dont see the use of an IK barb, my friend has one with better than normal gear and its still not that great. I guess it would be fun to have, that cool aura shine, and the black gear heh. I might get around to making one, but I wouldnt be able to use it in pvp :(

12. Ezail3

Ezail3 IncGamers Member

1. They are amazing PvM tanks for one
    2. They are extremely inexpensive compared to Eth Botd cb, enigma, barb's
    yet very effective in pvm situations
    3. They can throw annoying casters around in PvP duels

Only downside to the IK barb is probably the PvP vs melee players cuz for 1, he doesn't have a shield. Secondly he uses a maul. And thirdly hes built for pvm situations not pvp.

13. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

1 cathan`s ring and amy
    2 str-enough to equip gear, rest into energy
    3 skills: 20 inc stamina, 20 battle command, 20 find potion, 20 leap
    4 P topaz for xtra dmg
    5 ?
    6 ?
    7 ?
    So my main question is: will he be viable (survive and have some killing power) and more important: can u go completly wrong with a ik barb?
    PS: It just crossed my mind seeing a bunch of pps with threads like: "I got an ik armor!, gonna make an ik barb (my first), what am i gonna do?"

14. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

My lvl 56 Ik barb

Right now he is just in the works and i can't remember stats exactly so these are aproxamite numbers:
    Str:175
    Dex:150
    Vit:150
    Eng:25

I think after BO, Shout, BC he has like 1900hp and then on Conc swing his defense goes up into the 7500 regin. The reason for dex is I'm making an IK mix. I'm going to use Ik with sword shield and then Maul on switch. Right now he's doin rughly 1000 damage with conc. I think his risists in nightmare(haven't gone to hell yet, all the horror stories scare me) are like 75,10,75,5 something like that. But so far he is doing fine in Nightmare. Tanks Diablo like a fallen in a three person game. I just noticed that thought. I was always so scared of the lightning attack. Last night I was laughing at it.

15. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

16. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

17. Frezzist

Frezzist IncGamers Member

Level 79 (so far) HCL Concentrate/Whirlwind

1 Nature's peace/Raven frost
    rare +1 barb amulet with 20 all resist + life (not perm, but good for now)
    2 170+ str 0 dex 0 energy rest vit (typical, I guess)
    3 20 conc 20 mace 20 BO 5 Shout 20 Bash eventually, 1 in everything else
    (am I the only one maxing bash?) It's amazing how effective a level 1 whirlwind is with the IK set.
    4 Clean so far, probably ed jewels in maul, p rubies or p topazes in armor, helm. Unless I find good runes or jewels.
    5 echoing weapons on switch, lots of vita charms
    6 + 7 I don't remember exactly, but I have less def than most but possibly more damage. Conc is in 3500-5000 range. Def is about 7000 with shout, 13000 with conc. Life is about 4500. AR is meaningless with battlecry.

Battlecry is very important for my IK barb play. Anyone else use it?
    I also use a act 1 cold archer merc with riphook and boneflesh armor because I really like Cause Open Wounds combined with very slow enemies.

18. Superhal

heh doesn't count until you wear all the eq. my zon uses belt/gloves/boots, doesn't make her an ik zon.

19. mojo

mojo IncGamers Member

pardon me for my ignorance, what is ed jewel? what's ias? I also heard about weapons or armor upgrade, what's an upgrade?

20. Superhal

ed = enhanced damage. best are ruby jewels, with 30-40% ed. in armor, it adds to your damage the same way strength would, which is ed X base damage of the weapon.

ias = increased attack speed. on a jewel, you can get 15% more (this is confusing, as all added ias is actually negative.) there are breakpoints for doing certain things in the game, such as swinging a sword, using whirlwind, or using berzerk/concentrate, that are unique to each skill. for most things, you get faster and faster the more you add. for some, there are certain levels of ias to reach before you see any improvement.

upgrade = by using a cube formula, you can upgrade most uniques and rares into their next higher base item form, for example: chainmail -> mesh armor -> boneweave. you cannot do this for set items.