Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How good is my HC char?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Pailon, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

How good is my HC char?

Ok currently I made an HC char. Frenzy Barb. It's been fun so far with a few close calls (still have yet to save and exit so I don't die) and I need to know where to go in equipment.

Here is what I've got...

Helm-Expert's Great Helm. I have a Harlequin Crest in storage (2 lvs to go)
    Armor-Toothrow
    Weps 1 and 2-Dual Lightsabres
    Gloves-none for now I have Soul Drainer in storage (14 lvs to go)
    Belt-Nightsmoke for now. I have Verdungo's and an Arachnid Mesh in storage (3 lvs to go and 20 lvs to go)
    Boots-Infernostride I had no other choice D:
    Rings 1 and 2-Dual Carrion Wind. I'm thinking of giving up 8% life leech for 5% (BK just found it last night :) )
    Amulet-Telling of Beads I have Highlord's in storage

Any suggestions? I will most likely NOT get rid of my Lightsabres because of the ITD and nice mdmg and ldmg. With a normal hit I COULD take out PI's it would just be difficult.

EDIT: I also have a Bloodmoon in stash for a Blood Golem wall. For my wep switch. Also have a lidless wall

EDIT2: I am an sp player so ladder rws are out of question. I will not download the mod for it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

Re: How good is my HC char?

i´d suggest to keep ur eyes open for an arreat(#1 choice) or a guilliaumes (#2 imo). shako looks kinda ugly on a barb, but will serve any char very well

for gloves i´d try to craft some with the blood recipe, ll, life and cb are a given on them, and can have excellent adds.

for the belt verdungo is a solid choice and better than arach imo, but again i think a blood belt can be better. ow, life and possibly fhr str and the like...

if u can already u should switch the amu to highlord, as its the best amu for phys melees. maybe keep an atma´s available for phys immunes

as for boots, gore riders or goblins are the best choice

i don´t know what u have available, but a stormlash is a very nice weapon worth thinking about

i don´t know which runewords are available in SP, but i´d switch to something like stone or a shaftstop would work fine too

3. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Re: How good is my HC char?

Well for boots I saw that Goreriders are best, for gloves it said dracul's grasp but Blood will work just as good. I don't have an Arreat's Face (atm) But my brother did get me a Guilliames today (I was so happy I completed the set at the same time), I read that Verdungo's was the best for Frenzy barb and for a wep I got the Azurewrath and Passion reccomendation. Stormlash I will look up to see what it is and I will look up stone and shaftstop as well.