How good is dracule's grasp for a PVM fury wolf?

imacoolboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi all,

I've been doing some testing lately. I can start off with a list of pros and cons:

pros:
1. life steal for you and your pet (life tap)

cons:
1. life tap cancels out decrep from reaper's toll
2. more importantly, how much life steal do you really need? With feral rage maxed, you can easily hit 4-100% life steal. That's 50% life steal on average. If your damage output is 6K per hit, then your life steal is 3k per hit. Say a wolf has 5k hp after Battle Order, which means two hits will completely replenish your hp from zero.
3. Not to mention you can get life steal from your own equipment too.

I can understand that a zeal paladin needs a life tap. But a wolf already has feral rage, so why bother with life tap?

Haywire

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi all,

I've been doing some testing lately. I can start off with a list of pros and cons:

pros:
1. life steal for you and your pet (life tap)

cons:
1. life tap cancels out decrep from reaper's toll
2. more importantly, how much life steal do you really need? With feral rage maxed, you can easily hit 4-100% life steal. That's 50% life steal on average. If your damage output is 6K per hit, then your life steal is 3k per hit. Say a wolf has 5k hp after Battle Order, which means two hits will completely replenish your hp from zero.
3. Not to mention you can get life steal from your own equipment too.

I can understand that a zeal paladin needs a life tap. But a wolf already has feral rage, so why bother with life tap?
Keep it. Period. Crucial to a WW. Check the guides. Haywire

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Keep it. Period. Crucial to a WW. Check the guides. Haywire
Completely disagree. Get some leech and use Laying of Hands for some attack speed, fire resist and demons %. Zeal paladins do not require Drac's either. Also, decrepify gives you damage and safety all in one - much better. It would be insane to use Drac's.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Completely disagree. Get some leech and use Laying of Hands for some attack speed, fire resist and demons %. Zeal paladins do not require Drac's either. Also, decrepify gives you damage and safety all in one - much better. It would be insane to use Drac's.
I agree completely.

NoisemakerArrow

Diabloii.Net Member
Decrepify is far better than Life Tap. Comma. Also, Heart Of Wolverine is better than Oak Sage. Period.

Dracul's Grasp is for PvP characters that need OW. Exclamation Mark.

Lasagnacat

Diabloii.Net Member
For PVM I suggest Laying of Hands with String of Ears for LL and DR. Switch the string of ears for a Thundergod when entering an area with souls.