Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How good i hydra in hell?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by diabloredrum, May 21, 2005.

1. diabloredrum

diabloredrum IncGamers Member

How good i hydra in hell?

I am planning to create a Blizz sorc with hydra as secondary spell. my plan is to max hydra and fire mastery, is that going to be powerful enough for hell? if not what is the best skill to combine with blizz (not an ice skill)

2. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

Hydra can only actually kill with maxed synergies and fire mastery. Else, is a piece of crap.
    Oh, and dont forget the GC army

3. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Hydra is generally used as a defensive spell, to track enemies and weaken them, and it does that task quite well. However, for killing, it does need maxed synergies and mastery. So if you do plan on using it, don't count on it being powerful enough to hold much of its own ground. It would serve quite nicely as a defensive manuever and a weakening spell.

4. Armageddons

Armageddons IncGamers Member

Hydra isnt that good, even as defensive spell.

Fire Ball or Fire Bolt with full syn. are great for high damage, not to mention the low mana to cast

5. diabloredrum

diabloredrum IncGamers Member

yes I agree but Im looking for a skill to have as secondary to blizz so I was thinking about either firewall or hydra and since you all agree that hydra isnt going to do the job I dont know what to do... is fireball powerful enough with just 40 p (including synergies and mastery)??

6. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Firewall will work fine as a backup for Blizzard. Fireball might work too, but it would be a bit weak with 40 pts... Hydra doesn't work so well as a backup IMO. Hydra really needs about 60 pts.

7. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

firewall with fire mastery will do it. this of course weakens your blizzard, but its still strong enough imo if you get a decked out merc who can hold the enemies still so you can use the firewall effectively too.

8. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

I have a hydra sorc i made for fun, in hell she gets owned in a matter of seconds, i would not waste any points into the skill unless you like the skill, because it's use is extremely limited in hell mode if not useless.

9. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

oh come now,hydra works works well in hell.i max hydra and the fire mastery with a few points in fire ball and it kills.i use orb/hydra almost exclusive when i make a sorc and have no problems in hell.i use a might merc so that helps and good end game equipment.

shako
    coh
    2 sojs
    magefists
    spirit shield
    fathom
    eshutas on switch/spirit shield
    maras
    8 cold skillers

merc has botd great poleaxe,fortitude armor and a vamp gaze.

this set up works very nice with hydra and orb.

10. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

Your FO and merc are doing all the dmg, use hydra exclusivly and see it's mighty power, i would opt for fireball as a secondary skill to FO or lighting.

11. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

i have used hydras where there is cold immunes and my merc gets wacked.and the hydras kill.mine at the moment do 1500 to 1700 damge roughly.worldstone levels i lead with hydras and as long as there is no fire immunes i can walk right through.

12. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hydra only works with 60pts invested. Then its a very useful spell and can definitly kill in Hell. The only skill you can combine it with then is FO.
    When you get Hydra with 60pts you also get a useful Fireball, so you can spamm Fireball between FO and Hydra.

This wont work with Blizzard, unless you put no synergies and rely on +skills to boost CM. Might work, but its not that powerful. It will certainly get you through hell though, with about 12-15 +skills

Setup:
    20 Firebolt
    20 Fireball
    20 Hydra
    1 FM
    20 Blizzard
    1 CM