Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How Good Could You make an Auradin??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by IMCanadian, Oct 13, 2006.

1. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

How Good Could You make an Auradin??

If you had an infinite supply of money..How good could you make your auradin? To increase the survivablity fire..then maybe the charge (cant get over the AR problem..so running is better:grin:). Could you tell me what would make a bigger differnce then others? I know things like 45 lifer pcombs n stuff would be ideal..but I'm not goin that far. Just wanna increase my survivablity vs (mostly casters), since I can run away from most melee pretty EZ.

IMC :grin:

2. emar

emar IncGamers Member

My Auradin is good :)

We are talking the FoH/HFire build correct-o? What kind of casters are you struggling against? Sorcs? Druids? Necros? Assns?

What kind of gear are you toting? HoJ/Dragon/Dragon/etc?

Post back and we can brainstorm.

3. IMCanadian

Thanks for reply emar..my foh/aura is good too lol:grin:. I have a few things to fix..but thats when I rm him (foh scepter..couple twinks, loss of 25 aura pulse for 3k foh->6k foh, increased life:grin:). But I have a few problem builds, res stack hammers, bonenecros using prision, some es light sorcs, foher/vt. But thats not my issue atm.

I had left over auradin gear (till most was stolen by a trusted friend:mad:), so I wanted to make a hardcore auradin for faster killing..ezier sorcs, more surviablity (ie. 95 res light, 95 res fire, stacked cold with 40% sorb). I mean gear is pretty much a non issue for a standard auradin, get dream dream dragon hoj and add some life/str/res. I want to take my auradin to the next step and make him a bit better. I'm not talking lifer gc's (realized something, said pcombs up there, was thinkin DD), lifer gc's in idea that I used off auras to increase my conviction adding points to hshield, or charge. Anyways what would be a good extra gear (rings, ammy, belt, boots, gloves, charms) to increase the surviabillity of a auradin, and maybe the charge ability.

4. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Ho hum, we went different setups ofc :) Before I jump into gear, I'll tell ya how I'd try to beat those problem chars.

Res stacking Hammers - if ya do absolutely 0 damage - not negligible - but zero then you need to give up or gear switch. There are no other choices. If you can chip away at him, do it. Most pubs can't duel for beans. I encountered a stacker/sorber hdin that I evaded for a solid 4 minutes - had to Re-BO infact - and he landed all of 1 hit - he went to town after 4 minutes and spammed. Most pub Hdins are teh sux - just hit and run if you are doing damage - even small.

If you aren't doing damage you need to get in melee range to bring 'em down. You need gear switches in this case.

Prisoning necs - Haha you gotta love them :). If they can successfully catch you in charge, then go to town and put on Enigma. Problem solved.

Lightning sorcs - With standard aura gear they don't scratch you. If you are struggling, put on some +max to light resists gear. Another way is to alternate between Res Light and Conviction on attack.

FoHer - A straight FoHer is fun and something you should never ever lose to on an Auradin. He does lightning damage, like our sorc buddy. Use Res Light - your conviction is likely not higher. A decent strategy is to engage with melee-ish attacks.

V/T or T/V - A very fun duel. It is a matter of aura flashing/switching. Try to catch him with his pants down so to speak - If he has Fanat, Conviction should be yours. If his conviction is higher - Res Light should be yours. They'll mostly try to smite you if you get close enough and their FoHs aren't doing much damage. Watch the auras. These suckers can generally outsmite you.

I know you said you'd address those in the RM, but still thought I'd offer some tips on how I approach 'em.

You need to move around the map with charge if you are engaged in a non-melee fight. Desyncing. You shouldn't let anyone get near you if you are FoHing. Evading effectively is part of the game :).

I do very little in terms of heavy gear switching. It mostly involves subbing the weapon for another or the armor for another.

Extra gear to consider?
    Enigma!
    Hotspurs,
    TGods if you want to eat those light chars,
    Treachery - is decent to have for the DR and stack if you need,
    Demonlimb if you are going to attempt connecting with charge.
    A melee setup if you want to try engage that way.

I don't switch jewelry or charms - but if you have something really great that works with the build feel free to switch it about.

If you can reach L25 Conviction without those Off charms you are that much better. Those suckers eat alot of valuable space.

5. IMCanadian

Thanks emar...with the DD are those problem chars above. I never gear switch, except a kira n bfist for 86 fhr. I don't have res light with my DD so It's not viable option. When I rm, 6k foh will take down a necro in no time, as I can get him pretty good now before I die. I'l just out conviction the foher (10xauras), VT wont be a problem due to I own smiters n he's a weaker foher then me. Light sorcs mana will be gone after a couple fohs (done). Meh huge stack hammers, I'll double my dmg fro 1/20 life to 1/10, they will die.

But back to my pure auradin im making. What gear for higher surviabilty, I mean charging through traps, through novas n blizz, light and fb's. I no I got res elements, but all at the same time say?

6. emar

emar IncGamers Member

There isn't much room for changing the gear, no? 2xDream, Dragon, HoJ? You honestly shouldn't get beaten by those ele characters - it should be a non-issue.

Don't charge through that crap, maneouvre around it... You stand a better chance of winning if you don't get hit, no?

To tell you the truth I never change my ammy, rings, belt,or gloves. They don't really make or break you either.

7. IMCanadian

Well, What I more or less ment..people say if your rich you can make a godly auradin. What can you add when your rich? That regular makers can have? Like you said, all that other stuff doesnt make or break you.

8. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Godly is really subjective and based entirely on the player in this situation. All Auradins wear similar gear. If you are talking stats on the items - it really doesn't matter. I mean my ammy is near perfect and my helm is absolutely perfect. My shield is perfect base and the armor is a nice solid superior. Those wouldn't make that huge of a difference in the end I would think.

It could be in the charms. There is nothing really exceptional out there that would cover the belt, gloves, boots, rings, ammy, so on. The gear is almost set in stone.

Your focus would have to be on charms - not gear.

It is the person that plays the char that makes it godly. Not much else in this situation... The more you play your char effectively the better you become, that's all it is to it man.

9. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Hey emar I read what you have written and I sarted wondering what charms, boots, gloves, rings and ammy you use then?

:shocked:
    *priit2

10. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Nothing special.

Tearhaunch,
    Dracs,
    Ravens,
    Metalgrid

Charms:

P PallyTorch, Anni, Life/xx scs, Life/Res scs, Life/Ar sc or two, and a few FHR/res charms to hit that 86 BP.