Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how good are FA and IA?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sequoia, Jun 2, 2005.

1. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

how good are FA and IA?

how are the damages for freezing arrow and immo arrow? i was just curious because my multizon has a free extra points and i was wondering if these were worth investing in

thanks!

2. Linus_P

Linus_P IncGamers Member

FA is very nice to have as it can save you in times when you are about to be overrun. However, only one point is needed to make good use of it. If you have a char that specializes in it, it can be very devastating in some areas. The problem is that later in the game, you run across a lot of cold immunes that will run right through it. It's also handy for quickly leveling your merc since they can stay alive to level against higher level monsters. The splash can keep whole groups of monsters at bay while you plug away at them.

IA is another matter, it was once an ber skill that was taken down quite a bit and you also have to hope the target does not walk away from the fire you started...they have to just sit there and fry. My preference is for exploding arrow simply because of the eye candy explosions...it also works very well with pierce since multiple explosions can go off. If you want to get the skill without using any points, get a Kuko and blast away by using the normal attack mode.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I have a zon who wears full Mav's set, which is a cold zons best friend. I maxed FA and strafe on her. Maxed FA does incredible amounts of damage. She keeps Baals minions at bay the entire time. She never has to run away! But 1 point is enough for most zons to freeze monsters.

4. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

so would you say it can "own" act 1 cows? i'm not worried about other areas too much because my zon is still a multizon at heart :cool:

5. Linus_P

Linus_P IncGamers Member

You can probably do that anyway, FA can be a real help for anyplace where you might have trouble. I think it's almost always worth it to have one point in it for zons that do not specialize in it.