How Fast can one run?

ReZon

Diabloii.Net Member
How Fast can one run?

By run, I mean movement speed. Is there a limit to how fast a character can run ?

For fun, I have created a paladin named Speed_Thief (lvl 32) on USEast. With the vigor aura, right now he can make some serious tracks (and with Zeal, I just have to laugh when I come screaming up to a pile of monsters, destroy them, and leave in mere seconds). I have four faster walk/run charms, 3%, 5%, 7%, 7% (I may have gotten a 5th charm, but I can't remember and I'm at work), along with Sigon's boots (20%) and Peasent Crown (15%).

If there is a limit, can you tell me what it is? Otherwise, in a few levels, I'm throwing on a Trang armor and a Mav belt that I have on another character :)

Thanks in advance.

majpain

Diabloii.Net Member
ReZon said:
By run, I mean movement speed. Is there a limit to how fast a character can run ?

For fun, I have created a paladin named Speed_Thief (lvl 32) on USEast. With the vigor aura, right now he can make some serious tracks (and with Zeal, I just have to laugh when I come screaming up to a pile of monsters, destroy them, and leave in mere seconds). I have four faster walk/run charms, 3%, 5%, 7%, 7% (I may have gotten a 5th charm, but I can't remember and I'm at work), along with Sigon's boots (20%) and Peasent Crown (15%).

If there is a limit, can you tell me what it is? Otherwise, in a few levels, I'm throwing on a Trang armor and a Mav belt that I have on another character :)

Thanks in advance.

i got like 5 FRW Sc ranging from 3-5.Im on ladder

greatrambino1981

Diabloii.Net Member
I liked the idea of seeing how fast one could run/walk. So I started a new character, assassin using burst of speed and all the gear I can get to increase it. Been fun so far but I'm sure she'll be horrible in Hell. Have to wait and see.

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
Also try a Shape Shifting Druid using Feral Rage. At slvl 20 Feral Rage gives 55% faster run/walk (after charge-up), this before any speed increases from items.

ReZon

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info!

My inspiration comes from seeing monsters that Extra Fast. I think, man I wish I could move that fast.

Over the weekend I found Sander's boots which give 40% frw.

I'll be researching items to combine to have the fastest run/walk possible today.

On a side note, I entered a game over the weekend called "Come LVL w me"

So I enter with my level 33 Speed Pally, and a level 45 druid is waiting by the gates in NM Act 1. As soon as I step out, he goes hostile. I said HAH! Good luck catching me. He tried, and failed miserably :D

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
ReZon said:
Thanks for the info!

My inspiration comes from seeing monsters that Extra Fast. I think, man I wish I could move that fast.

Over the weekend I found Sander's boots which give 40% frw.

I'll be researching items to combine to have the fastest run/walk possible today.

On a side note, I entered a game over the weekend called "Come LVL w me"

So I enter with my level 33 Speed Pally, and a level 45 druid is waiting by the gates in NM Act 1. As soon as I step out, he goes hostile. I said HAH! Good luck catching me. He tried, and failed miserably :D
heh, nice. I hope he was frustrated

QuicksandSlowly

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to know the fastest character possible, then the Paladin is your answer. Charge and Vigor together beat anything. As far as just faster running without a second skill, I believe Assasins can run the fastest with Burst of Speed. I usually max Bof after I get all my trap synergies down on my trapsins. Add a bunch of +3 faster r/w small charms and it's incredible.

If you wanted a character that is fast as hell but still effective just go for a fully synergized Hammerdin, because one of their synergies is Vigor, and Charge only needs one point which you need to spend for Holy Shield anyways.