Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How far has a SP gotten without allocating a SINGLE Stat or Skill Point?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gabber_Roid, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Gabber_Roid

Gabber_Roid IncGamers Member

How far has a SP gotten without allocating a SINGLE Stat or Skill Point?

Nothing but charms + twink gear + merc. No rushing allowed either.

I'm thinking maaaybe to NM?

I saw the write about the Sorc bare knuckle her way to Andy... but haven't seen a no stat/skill alloted build.

:think:

(Okay, need to stop thinking about variations of playing D2 and get back to work! )

2. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

I think its possible to beat nm.Strengh charms would allow player to have decent two handed axe.Maby i'm wrong but IMO its possible

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Yes, I think it´s more than possible to beat NM. And I´m talking untwinked here. Some mercs are just really strong, and you can get charges and such to help them out. Life Tap against NM Ancients, anyone?

I think it´s possible to at least get to Hell Ancients. The hardest part will be finding enough +life gear (that you can wear), so you don´t die as soon as anything farts in your direction.

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I assume you are not familiar with the story of Mongojerry's famous Irene the Infirm.

In that case you oughta read. It is a real classic.

5. Gabber_Roid

Yeah Indemaijinj, that's the story I was refering to in my first post. Thanks for the link.. I forgot that not only was she bare nuckle, she was also naked, no stat/skill points, and HC to boot! Good lordy talk about a masocist!

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Good Luck with no skills and no stats against nightmare ancients.

I have done pretty dang close to that with a barb and it took me ages to get past nightmare ancients. Untwinked I could see someone getting to atleast act 3 nightmare.

Heavily twinked I could get into Hell with some patients, maybe not playing Hardcore!

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

With twinked gear and SC, the Hell could be completed quite easily IMO. 2nd Act Merc deals quite nice damage. And with the right gear, you can do the damage too. (sorc using static field staff/orb?)

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

from monjo's insane build, what would be the best character to take into nm/hell without stats or skills?
    Melee would obvously have an advantage, but with base dex and vit, they will hardly ever hit, have realyl low life, and wont be able to wear anything with any sort of damage/def because of the reqs, unless they have a bucket of Hel's to spend.

9. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

I believe Tetanus beat Hell with a sorc that used no skill or stat points but unlike MongoJerry he twinked heavily. I recall him using Passion or some runeword that granted a valuable skill, maybe someone else could reply further, I don't know that much about it aside from seeing an update or two.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well i cant find anything from him about it on rpgforums, was it somewhere else?

11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I think a sorceress would be it. Load up on +life gear and resists. She would need something to boost her STR up to 20, so she can use 4-row belts (will be great for helping the merc with potions).

She would only need three skills (and one point in each) to have a good chance of beating NM: Teleport, Static Field and Glacial Spike. Getting two of those on the same orb and the third on another isn´t hard. Simple chippie rerolling has provided exactly this for my sorcie that play with the Mastery Sorc tourney rules.

Merc will own anything not cold immune (or boss-like) because you can just freeze them in place with GS. In the late game, you should try to give him as much Crushing Blow as possible.

In some areas, you would do well to replace one of the orbs with a Life Tap wand. I think NM Ancients can be beaten. It´s possible to lose at least one of them from the fight by using Teleport. Life Tap and a bunch of potions should be able to keep the merc alive. If you dare, you can go in and Static them down to 1/3 life.

Do I smell a tournament in the making here...

12. Gabber_Roid

Sweeeet... just goes to show you the amazing possiblities of how to play this game even after what.. 5 years? :D

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

pwnage.
    And iagree with the sorc, if she can get teleport and static, with some preferably cold skill to chill/freeze, she could manage at least in nm, if very slow.

14. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

I got to hell without using skill points once because I wasnt sure what kind of zon I wanted. If SC you can definately beat the game, but you should have something better to do in life :rolleyes:

15. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

Ahhh STREGGI... Oh he beat hell, Not naked mind you, but with no skill or stat points used. And a little info can be found on here by visiting another PLANET ;)

For the most part she was melee. And had a defiance merc IIRC. A passion Shillelagh (the 4 socket baddy was provieded personally by myself)

Her quest had all but ended at act 4 hell, the chaos sanctuary was too much for her to solo (mind you she got NO mp at all), when fate intervined... Sort of anyways. Another player found a cham off hell cow runs. And 2 or 3 of us in the irc channel donated what we could to provide a sizable trade for it since on its own the cham was of no use to the man who found it. He got his cham and went on to make a doom zerker. Slowly cleared the CS and moved on to tackle act 5. Once he Matriarched her I do belive she got striped and hasn't been played since :p

His server is down atm so I can't find out what cLvl he was when she finished but it was in the high 70's. Once again if my memory isn't failing me