Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does your nec do in PvP? Exp from a boner!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ifrit18, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

How does your nec do in PvP? Exp from a boner!

I have 2k hp with BO but I think I can hit 2.3k+ which should be good enough. I use a bone necro and do about 700+ hp per hit with spear and bone spirit. Only downside for me is resists and maybe life. Need to get some resist all charms and 2 sojs+2 necro fast ammy. You can never have enough life!

Against these chars...

Barb: Pretty easy even against ones with enigma and without. 75% FCR and quick teleport help a lot. I haven't fought real skilled barbs (its pubby) but the ones I fought are WWing and get nailed by 3-4 bone spirits which is pretty close or will kill the barb. Clay golem+decrep really slows down their att rate if they don't WW.

WW assassin-still haven't dueled them very much but they are just like barbs except more fragile. If you can anticipate the asn's dragon flight, you can tele or run and completly evade. Still a pushover though and you got to be prepared.

Trapper assassin- FHR and good fast cast and 75 lightning resist will help. They seem to be rare on west ladder lately. Usually stray bone spirits will get a lucky hit on the assassin. Again, I have not dueled hardly any because they are rare right now.

Poison nec-I dueled one before I had enigma and they should be easy to deal with.

Hammerdin- I dueled several of them. Majority of them are not pure hammerdins and sometimes charge lock you and switch to smite. FHR is extremely important if they get a charge lock. Some will teleport and start casting hammers on you. Best way to deal with em (at least for me) is just to get experienced with hammers spiraling around and watch that teleport!

FoH pallys-FoH has 1 second delay which can be helpful for you. If you don't stack lightning resist you can choose to tele right on or near the pally and unload bone spears to keep him in hit recovery. It takes a brief sec for conviction to get under a target. Be aggressive!

Zealots/smiters- Avoid and melee and use decrep+clay golem to slow em down. FHR is the key here.

Lightning sorc- There is a real deadly sorc on west ladder named magic_suki loaded with mucho lighting dmg and fast cast :surprise:. 75+ lighting resist would help and it will be a tough fight. I'm still working against this match-up :rant:

Blizz/orb sorc- Use bone spirits and tele around and be fast. Not much else to say.

Fire sorc- They have to stand still to cast fireball and aim. Shouldn't be a challenge unless you teleport into a fireball :teeth:.

Rabies/fire claw/melee druids- Decrep+clay golem. Pretty cheap...

Javazons- be aggressive and nail the zon with decrep so you can slow down her speed/att rate. Teeth is pretty effective when can force the zon into evade/avoid lock.

Bowazons- Decrep is IMPORTANT. If you go blocking, that would help a ton too. Anything that can slow the zon's att rate down will render her very slow. If you get hit with slow missles, use teeth and tele onto the zon and spam teeth. Teeth and anything that can slow is nice. FHR wouldn't hurt either.

Bone nec- Use bone spears and try to get a hit. Tele+bone spear. Spamming bone spirits really won't work because of mad tele.

And the most challenging char build known to all in d2...

WIND DRUID! Omg!

They seem pretty common on west ladder but think god they don't know about the minion bug.

About 80% of wind druids I seen in pubby duels are unskilled and I can go 50/50 only because of 39 cold resist LOL! Teleport and see if you can get reasonably close and peg him with bone spear. Once nailed by bone spear, they go into hit recovery. Hit recovery is BAD on a druid. Doesn't always work but it works for me.

I have to say they are the most challenging char builds in PvP so far :worship:

So far the top chars that give me troubles is wind druids and trappers.

This is ONLY MY EXPERIENCES! You can ignore em, think about em, use em, or completely do nothing about it! This is to merely help those in need.

2. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

How does your nec do in PvP? Exp from a Pnova'er!

only prob i have is from trappers who spam mindblast.

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I dueled one bowazon and mad tele around zon with teeth or bone spear does the job :). If slow missles, I need to nail zon with decrep and get clay golem on her :teeth:.

There was a summoner with act 2 might merc, fant aura, mass skele warriors, revives, and mages :surprise:.

My computer was about to go in shock if that nec teleported on me!

4. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Do you have max block aswell? O_O

Mind telling us how you get 2k life without BO? :drool:

5. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

" I have 2k hp with BO "

He mentioned he did have BO ;D

6. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Only coward necros use teleport :evil:

7. cronoe3

cronoe3 IncGamers Member

btw, around lvl 80, how much dex u need for 75% blockrate with a homoloscus, and this aint so OT cause they mentioned blocking :p
    but if u can answer my question, thank u in advance

8. ttd-gap

ttd-gap IncGamers Member

My lvl 90 nec has like 2.3k life with bo and max block...go go enigma breast plate. I agree that wind druids are possibly the hardest class for a necro to face. The key here is fcr. I use teath and avoid like crazy. I learned this technique because I have a pretty godly wind druid and the only necros that could ever take me (few and far between) used the avoid + teath approach. Teath also takes care of summons/mercs as well.

9. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

182 at lvl 80.

10. Jebus

Jebus IncGamers Member

Enigma is the pussy way of necro dueling. If you are still losing to asns get tgods and blackhorns with max resists. How can you lose to an elemental druid?? Do you know how to walk? I fail to see the point of your post.

11. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Oh,my bad I misread. -.-"

Thanks for telling me though. :D

12. ttd-gap

ttd-gap IncGamers Member

Your post is the one I fail to see the point of. First you flame, then you imply that using tele is bm, which is fine, many agree. However you are quick to suggest the use of absorb wich, in my opinion is much more bm than teleport seeing as how it negates your opponents damage.

13. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

And people laugh at me when they see my Cuirass Enigma. I tell you some just don't understand the concept of lower strength requirements.

As for summoners, only Hammerdins and Hurricane Druids have ever beaten mine so far. Teeth usually only takes one or two of my skeletons before I end up on top of them. I would have to say the single advantage that a summoner holds over all characters is the ability to attack with both elemental and physical at the same time. I love being able to choose if I want to amp someone or lower resist them, depending on there resist gear.

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I don't usually have a problem with necs. Aren't you happy I didn't include the minion bug in my guide ^^

15. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Every wind druid I see summons OS and yogi the bear. Long as they don't summon the spirit wolves, I can usually hit em with bone spear and peg em away constantly in hit recovery.

Stupid minion bug :rant:

16. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Some bone nec I dueled said he had 3k life on ladder. I knew it was complete bull because 4 bone spears (mine do 700+) would drop him.

17. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

My druid went block and he still has 3k (with oak) but I think it would be possible on a nec.
    Bear is a lot better then wolves.

18. Unmoved

Unmoved IncGamers Member

Let's all shed a tear over the death of the true PvP Necro *sniff*

19. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

IM pwned all barbs :). Now that was so fun! Hit barb with IM and throw up bone balls so he can hit one.

Zons were always trouble. Although we have a better chance now.

I still get pwned by fire/light sorcs, FoH pallys, wind druids, and trapper thanks to my lovely 39 resists :).

If I can at least take 3-4 hits, I can do okay. I'm having absolutely no troubles with barbs. Decrep+clay golem and enigma makes it simply useless vs a barb :(.

20. cainc5

cainc5 IncGamers Member

my bone necro is my best dueling char (i got trapsin[cheap], wwsin [kewl], wind druid [im too bad with this one], forb sorc [this is mostly for sxs], 1.09 bowazon [can do the job in team duels], 1.09 ww barb [was a great dueler in early 1.10, now he sucks ^^])
    well, i can kill almost anything, off course i wont rush on trapper or wind druids, but i can kill them from far away (ibs can be nice lol).
    FOHers used to be a problem, now i got a 4x pTopaz monarch(and a ring with +36light res, mana fcr), and i can have 75% or even 85% (with tgods) light resists with conviction on, foh without negative res is useless ^^

mb trappers are the hardest, but when u stay away and spam bs in the right place, is not that hard to kill them b4 they lock you.

my necro (scnl east) got 75% all res, 75% block, 2.2k life with bo.

ps. can anyone explain what minion bug is? ty