Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how does your fishymancer do>?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MFdoom, Mar 30, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

how does your fishymancer do>?

just wondering how other peoples fishymancers do on diablo norm players 8- i had to go and raise my skeletons in act 1 4 times to kill him :(

2. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Summon Resist - 1 Point
    Clay Golem - 1 Point
    Decreprify - 1 Point
    -------------------
    Making Norm Diablo a cakewalk - Priceless

3. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

that's right, but although one fire nova from the beast will kill all the mages, only fire one can last some more, and his lightning breath will kill one ore two skelly fighter, but oops diablo is dead and sill have 6 out of 15:D

4. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

ahh i forgot about the slow% on clay golems :scratch: i just used a iron golem on a rare i found- he died pretty quickly..

5. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

no mage used with the fishymancer !

the real question is :
    do you have
    Summon Resist - 1 Point
    Clay Golem - 1 Point
    Decreprify - 1 Point

and how many +summon or +skill do you have ?

6. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

I thought that fischymancer have always mages beside skelly, anyway when he has only skelly then why not using some more ponts in summoning resist may be 5 or so?

7. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

ath the moment ive got 20 skeleton, 9/10 mastery, 1 in summon resist tho with skills its about 49%, i am now in act 5, the reason i was doing slow on diablo i think is because i was still doing curses at that time- i should have focused on skeletons until id maxed it, but anyways i ve now got 9 skeletons each doing 140 damage per hit, so thats 1260 damage per second- when i was at diablo each skeleton was doing about 70.... skelimancers are fuuuuun.

btw does anyone know how many skeletons you can get- ive got alot of stuff now and can trade so please post the best gear to get a huge amount of skelies ;)

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

my overlord have 12 squelly. and I must have about +10 for my summon skills

9. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

I know that the (so far) 2 times that I've faced normal Diablo with a Fishymancer I had to resurrect all my minions, merc included, a number of times. With both of them I had a point in Decrep & Clay Golem, the second time also had a point in Summon Resist. Each time, Diablo despatched all my minions with incredible ease (both times I faced the Big D on /players 1).

10. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

:lady: Deablo himself wasn't a big problem for Aggony...it was the minions before him that gave me trouble. I used Decrep along with a clay golem and had if I recall 10 skele's plus a couple of revives. He went down pretty fast.

11. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

I just did the Big D with my skellimancer on the weekend on players 8. I had to leave twice to replenish my army, but it was more me being careful than because I was being shredded. I didn't want to take the chance of suddenly being alone against Diablo(this is HC), so once I got down to 2 or three skellies left, I went to find some more.

As already mentioned, summon resists plus decrepify make a huge difference. I'm following the build Fishy laid down pretty much exactly, and am not experiencing any difficulties anywhere.

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

my pat has 12 skellies with him, but i could get this up to 13 if i sacrificed some resistance, whcih i dont normally.
    my skellies do something rediculous like 700dmg each and doing baal runs, ive gone through the whole of the minions and baal without losing a single skelly. very good...

13. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

its nice to have +skills items on you - my necro is running with +5 necro skills and that makes it quite nice indeed.

btw, is there any way to ensure that the merc gets the final kill shot instead of the skels when you are MFing? short of unsummoning all the skels?

14. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I dont play Normal Diablo on players 8 with my Fishymancer so I don't know how they will do but my skellies would probably die.
    I don't understand why you are trying to kill Diablo with that high playerssettings. Can't see any reason to do that except for the challenge.
    I swallow my pride and set the players down to one when fighting Diablo on normal.

DX

15. Tennant

Tennant IncGamers Member

My skellimancer just became a patriach over the weekend. He is highly twinked using an Arm of King Leoric, Homoculus, Skulders, Harley etc. Both RS and SM are maxed. With that being said, I had very little problem with Big D. My main problem was keeping myself out of the lightning hose.

But I do have to ask everyone how they deal with Baal! The main reason I started this character was to be able to do MF runs on Baal. Getting to Baal was relatively easy, especially with the map that I have, but it takes forever :rant: to bring him down! My skellies are continuously distracted with the Festering Appendages and having to regroup everyone everytime Baal teleports someplace is a pain.

I have not ventured down there very often but each run is taking almost 20 minutes. Which, based on the quality of drops, just isn't worth it.

I am hoping someone can enlighten me on how to speed this up.

Thanks in advance

Tennant

16. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Tennant, I believe the preferred method is Crushing Blow. Guillaume's Face plus Hone Sundan (ideally upgraded to Ghost Spear) gives your merc 80% CB. You can also get in there yourself with a fast low-damage weapon that hits a lot (I believe Phase Blade with 2 Shaels and 4 Eths) and wearing CB gear.

17. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

Going to make a Fishymancer now. (Paladin idea was a TOTAL washout.)

One quick thing though, how fast does it take your pile of skeletons to beat hell Baal if you don't use the CB method?

BTW, Tennant, excellent job on finding that Stormspire in your 'tar.

18. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

Faster with more MF-this always seems to be the question. NF laid it out pretty simple, and I will only add what has been said a few times here and there. Take your MF gear off and put it in your stash when you reach Baal. Now place all of your CB/OW/ Deadly strike equiptment on your necro with a phase blade and a couple of shaels socketed into it. I can't remember if it was decided that Eths were worth it to put in there or not-something about them not working on Bosses or something, I can't remember. Now teleport across to Baal (just use a staff with charges if you don't have a decent ammy) and cast Decrep, this is used to basically keep Baal in place until he can be surrounded by your skellys. After/while he is surrounded attack him letting CB and your merc take him down. Cast Amp if you want to speed it up, or decrep if you want to keep him in place. Once he is slivered open a portal and put on your uber MF itamz. Portal back and repeat for the last few hits. This is the most dangerous time for you as you probably don't have the resists/defense to handle alot, but hopefully it will only be a short while. I think it took me about 8-15 minutes to kill Baal, depending on how my skellys were positioned. I personally think the trip is worth it as any moster you kill from the Waypoint to the throne has a chance to drop very high items.

19. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

It will take a while and if you don't have a might merc it will take even longer. CB is the name of the game against all actbosses in hell mode.

DX

20. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Yeah vs norm Diablo I did have a tiny bit of trouble.. had about two skelies left at the end :lol:

One question to the other fishymancer players... did you all reach problems in Act4 NM on players 8. My lvl 62 fishymancer can get to the sactuary from the RoF in about 10 mins.. but then I step in and a group of venom lords with a boss comes and BAM all the skelies are dead! I do have lvl 20 RS and 20 SM.. lvl 2 SR... but they all seem to die, and so does my might merc which really really annoys me as I can't get anywhere with him. Any hints on how to fight these guys (I only have +1 to all skills from my wand heh)