Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does ur sorc clear CS hell?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by TriForce, Mar 27, 2004.

1. TriForce

TriForce IncGamers Member

How does ur sorc clear CS hell?

Hi all,

I got a question to you sorc-lovers: how do you clear hell CS? What build would be best for it and what gear would fit it? I walked in CS this afternoon and with 75% blocking and 75 all (85 light) res I still took lots of dmg and seemed to kill extremely slow. I had a really low orb, but in act 1-3 everything was going fine. Those balrogs guys with inferno took about 7 orbs to die, is that normal? Ow yeah, one last question, if I go meteorb for boosting mainly what dmg should I shoot for?

Thnx in advance,

TriForce

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Meteorb does the trick, but i think you should aim for a stronger orb and a relatively weaker fire tree. A strong mercenary also helps if you watch for IM really carefully. Get CM to -150%ish and orb damage above 600 and you should be fine. For boosting (2player games) you'll probably want 800+ orb damage to be convinient. 5000 fire ball and 9000 meteor is plenty.

3. TriForce

Thanks for your reply :) Although I still have some questions: on what lvl does CM pierces 150% and how can I get 800 orb dmg? With the skill planner it calculated ~lvl 41 orb with maxed icebolt, or should I wear lots +% cold dmg? And, if I have a wand with lvl 2 lower res charges on switch and I don't mind to switch and cast it often, can I save a lot of points on CM?
    Thnx again,

TriForce

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

%coldskill damage is the key. Ormus robe's +3 meteor or something (with 15% cold skill damage) is VERY nice. You can get by with less than those numbers btw, but it is really nice to have some speed going if you boost. You don't want to make them boring hammerdins do you? ;)

Anyway, %cold skill damage is good. Cold facets are good too. They save you a point in cold mastery. -150% is at level 27. That was just a guess though, you should check the resistance of the monster you have the biggest trouble with (balrogs).

ED- nice guess soep, those are at 50% cold resistance. So slvl 27 cold mastery. If you can load up on cold skillers (5 or something) it'd be awesome. You could have like level 10 base CM and let +skills/facets get it to -150%. Then you can also invest like 10 into ice bolt. Do this only if you have %coldskill damage so that the synergy gets multiplied, otherwise it's not really worth it imo.

Build would look like this:

20 orb
    5-15 cm (depending on equipment)
    10 ice bolt
    20 meteor
    20 fire ball
    1+ fire mastery
    1 teleport
    1 static
    1 warmth

ED#2: don't worry about diablo, he's also at 50 cold resist.

5. TriForce

Thanks a lot, you really helped me!
    Too bad I traded my +3 meteor ormus away a week ago though.....
    but I can begin remaking my sorc now. Also I never worried about diablo himself because he even dies quickly to my archmage still from way back in 1.09 :) and she had maxed nova and light mastery (lol?) and only 450 orb 4500 fw or so