Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does the evade bug work?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lyndis, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

How does the evade bug work?

What skills does it affect exactly? Can it affect Impale? All melee skills?

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

every skill. Though it is mostly seen in the skills that have a long execution time. So fend so heavily effected by the bug, strave less because you get hit less often. Impale probably does, but seen the fast that no-one uses that skill, I'm not sure.

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I will build an Impale-zon for the sheer uniqueness of it sometime. I can get it down to 16 fpa pretty easily.

Does anyone know how Impale works? Does it just tack on a straight amount of ED onto your weapon's base damage? Does it multiple your overall damage by the ED?

4. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

whats the bug does the evade stop your attack?

5. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

sometimes, but that ain't the bug.

The bug occures when you don't stop attacking. You will finish of you attack, IE fend, but you will mis. So the total fend cycle will fail to hit anything. It even becomes worse when you hold down you mouse button. Then you will mis every hit untill you release and repress the mousebutton.

This often means dead if you are not ware of this. Though this is simply avoidable. simply don't put anypoints in evade/avoid... Con: no valk, sadly. However, you decoy will be more powerfull then the one of a bowazon. Your decoy somehow benifits from you own life which should be hell of a lot higher then any bowazon running around of the same lvl as you.

6. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Impale, like all other skills, adds off-weapon ED.

The basic damage formula is as follows: Weapon Damage * On-Weapon ED * Off-Weapon ED. That's a DRASTICALLY simplified formula that leaves out resistances and +min/max damage, but it's the basic bare bones of what you need to know. On-weapon and Off-weapon ED are exactly that- ED on your weapon, and ED anywhere EXCEPT on your weapon (i.e. stat-based ED, skill-based ED, aura-based ED, ED from Fortitude, etc).

Like I said, all skills provide off-weapon ED. Also worth noting... attacks will deal optimal damage when on-weapon and off-weapon ED are balanced. In other words, 300% on-weapon and 300% off-weapon ED will deal more damage that 100% on-weapon and 500% off-weapon ED, even though both rigs offer "600% ED". The greater the differential between the two types of ED, the more valuable boosting the lesser ED value will become.

It's a miscommunication between client and server.

Let's say you're out questing, and you start a Fend cycle that takes 2 seconds. One second into the cycle, an enemy swings, and you dodge. On the client (your computer- i.e. the computer that decides what you do), the dodge animation doesn't play, and you continue fending. On the server (i.e.- the computer that decides what happens to the enemy), you stop fending to dodge. The result is that for the remainder of the animation, every single attack will "whiff". The server thinks that you're standing still because the client isn't telling it to do anything. The client isn't telling the server to do anything because it thinks you're already fending- but in reality, you stopped fending as soon as you dodged, and the client is showing a bogus animation of you fending when you're really just standing still.

Long story short- if you trigger D/A/E in the middle of an attack animation, every subsequent attack during that animation will "whiff". Quite a problem if it's a superlong animation.

A note: this isn't the only time what you see on your computer doesn't represent what's really happening on the servers. Desynch is instances where your computer says things are one place, and the server says they're another. If you've ever played a Lightning Strike 'Zon, you might have noticed that if you listen, a lot of times the visible lightning bolt from LS actually goes in the opposite direction of the actual lightning bolt (i.e. the white bolt goes left, while all the monsters on the right are grunting as if they're getting hit by it). There are lots of other examples, but they all boil down to essentially the same problem- a miscommunication between client and server.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

it's easy to prove this bug exists for all amazon attacks
    stand in front of bolts emitted from a le monster and attack him
    you'll immediately notice your attacks will occasionally miss (even fast attacks like 7fpa multi will miss a lot in such a case)

8. teampowerforce

teampowerforce IncGamers Member

I noticed there was mention of your pc and the server. Is this to imply that this bug is only in effect while playing on bnet. I am curious as I usually only play single player any more.

9. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

I second this. :scratch:

10. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Good question. I've wondered that myself, but I haven't played any SP amazons in years, so I really don't know the answer.

Hopefully someone smarter than I am will come along shortly.:smiley:

11. zenithsmith

zenithsmith IncGamers Member

Well, i think it does because my all dex zon misses until i let go of the mouse and respoitionmyself a step in any direction and generally i notice it as i get hit by a little bugger that is then killed by my merc as i sit and attack a raptors nest or soemthing else large and not mobile

12. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I can confirm that the D/A/E bug does exist on SP. When I did the in-game tests on the Fend bug, it was on SP, and the zon subsequently 'whiffed' after she triggered a D/A/E animation. I've also noticed occasional whiffs with Jabbing as well, but they are far less frequent.

Not that I'm implying that I'm smarter than SSoG. :tongue: