Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does -resists stack with Conviction when breaking immunities?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by WrathTalon, Sep 4, 2006.

1. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

How does -resists stack with Conviction when breaking immunities?

Gents, I've done some searching for answers to this (hopefully not too dumb) question, but can't seem to find anything on it. So here goes:

I'm wondering how -resists from gear stacks with Conviction when breaking immunities. After Conviction has broken them (at 20% normal effectiveness), is the -resists applied at full strength, or is it also applied at only 20% effectiveness?

For example, I have an Infinity granting level 12 Conviction (85 lower resists) and -50 enemy lightning resists. And I'm holding it myself. I'm facing a Storm Caster in Chaos. The critter has 100% resistance against lightning. So it's immune. Since it's immune, level 12 conviction applies at only one-fifth effectiveness, i.e., lowers resistance by 17 (one-fifth of 85). This leaves the Storm Caster with 83% resistance (100-17).

My Question: Since the immunity is now broken, does the -50 enemy lightning resist from Infinity kick in at full force, reducing the Storm Caster's resistance to 33%? Or does it too only work at one-fifth its normal effectiveness (i.e., lowers resistance by 10), leaving the Storm Caster with 73% resistance to lightning?

These numbers make my head hurt...

Thanks for any help.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

This one.

+10 chars

Edit: Try responding with a post with only 'ten' written in it. You'll see what I mean.

3. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

FrostBurn to the rescue again! Thanks buddy. :smiley:

Though I'm not sure what "+10 chars" means... :scratch: