Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does DR work?!!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by manfaux, Mar 21, 2005.

1. manfaux

manfaux IncGamers Member

How does DR work?!!

Some items ( alot actually ) i found that has " damage reduced by x" (or x%)
    i get how the % works , but for instance, Gladiator's Bane, one of my armors , has DR 19, later in the game the monsters do hundreds of damage, so how does that 19 reduced damage help you at all?

thank you for replying~

2. ReZon

ReZon IncGamers Member

You know, I'm not sure about that either. That has always made me ignore/sell stuff with DR. Even if it is based on clvl, it still seems useless in hell, even nightmare.

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

yea i dont think that stuff like glad bane will help much, so that armor should go on merc or something if u dont have nice runewords and such...
    I think u need something like SS if u want mroe damage reduced as it has a 35% DR or shaft for more along with other belts such as string or verdungo... otherwise the DR say -19 dmg wont help much in hell or nm games..

4. manfaux

manfaux IncGamers Member

ok.... so it's as useless as i thought it would be

i guess DR % is much more helpful then

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It's sort of a gimmick build. Your right in saying that the small numbers don't add up to much, but then again, having only 10% FHR is sort of pointless too, as is 10% MF, or 10% IAS. Still, we all know how great those respective things are in the higher numbers.

At about 120 DR (not %), you can be pretty invincible on NM difficulty. Also, if you can keep your resistances up, it is pretty feasible on Hell difficulty too. It's just a matter of trying to plan a build around it (I think someone once tried to plan a Beserker build around it, though not sure how it came out).