how does a hammerdin handle maggot lair?

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
how does a hammerdin handle maggot lair?

I thought i knew the answer. Smite. but, there are PI swarms in the maggot lair!

It's easy for me to rush myself or get help which is what I'm going to do, but I consider honor satisfied as long as I know how to handle these foul creations.

I used blessed hammer when I had a SP hdin. It still works down there just is very slow and may need some retreating to get enemies in a position you can hurt them from. Making sure you're standing as close as possible helps.

UrbanHeroics

Diabloii.Net Member
It definitely is a huge pain in the to have a hammerdin in the maggot lair. It does make it MUCH easier when you are able to equip an enigma because then you can just tele on top of them and hammer away. Until you are able to use one or don't have a tele ammy, just fall back and let them get into position so you are able to hit them.

SirBeetle

Diabloii.Net Member
Just use enigma, tele and cast hammers. Just like against any other monster in the game. And if you're having problems against some of them, then tele away and move on to the boss.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are moving upward then you might be able to kill them one at a time since hammers come on top of you.

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightmare Drognan sells cheap staffs with teleport charges, easy for you to TP through the maggot lair in nightmare. By hell you will probably have TP ammy or TP staff on switch or Enigma if you are rich.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
I resorted to the age-old back up and let the merc kill a few times.

ZackAttackD2

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate the maggot lair; especially with a hdin! Even normal maggot lair sucks; especially in single player! And I was doing it on players 8 at that point...But I guess take the guy’s advice that said use your merc to kill most of the things there if possible. Even a couple of flawed damage gems like flawed topaz’s or flawed ruby’s can work wonders for putting in an act 2 merc weapon. That’s what I did and it seemed to help a bit though it was still quite annoying! And I would like to point out if ur playing single player legit, then you most likely won’t be getting enigma or anything like that. Good luck!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
And I would like to point out if ur playing single player legit, then you most likely won’t be getting enigma or anything like that. Good luck!
And I would like to point out that unfunded accusations of cheating are pretty rude. What's worse, you are wrong.

For example, I already found one Cham, two Jah, two or three Ber and perhaps seven Sur runes in single player. I can assure you that I'm playing legit, as well as a couple of others who have found clearly more than I did.

If there's anything else to say abut this by anybody, please start a private conversation with me and do not make postings about it here.

ZackAttackD2

Diabloii.Net Member
And I would like to point out that unfunded accusations of cheating are pretty rude. What's worse, you are wrong.

For example, I already found one Cham, two Jah, two or three Ber and perhaps seven Sur runes in single player. I can assure you that I'm playing legit, as well as a couple of others who have found clearly more than I did.

If there's anything else to say abut this by anybody, please start a private conversation with me and do not make postings about it here.
That’s good for you, I’m glad those things did drop. I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to make it sound like you or anybody else who gets enigma in single player cheats; that’s for sure. I just mean that it would be really hard, and you would definitely have to be in hell mode and not normal or nightmare mode to get it. I mean I really can’t see something like jah or ber dropping in normal or nightmare. So I promise you I wasn’t trying to come across as rude or anything like that. But if your doing normal or nightmare maggot lair with no help of anyone else, then using your merc to kill things is better if your a hdin or something like that. But yea, congrats on all your achievements with getting those high lvl runes and stuff.