Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how do zealots deal with phys immunes?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Pekx, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

how do zealots deal with phys immunes?

a little bit in vengence with a tiamats and bsar/ls on the switch?

2. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

that would be exactly my guess, maybe gimmershed instead of bstar. Or use that runeword that gives +1 to berserk, passion I believe

3. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

I use vengence with max conviction. Tiamats is not a great idea since the resists are very low and there are too many elemental damage attacks in the game. A zealot was my first character in 1.10 and I actually decided to max sacrifice, fanaticism and conviction first before zeal.

4. Abrojo

Abrojo IncGamers Member

If you are a zealot then remain pure. No need to branch out into vengeance, conviction,etc when you have berserk.

The runeword passion is indeed the one that gives +1 berserk and it will solve any problem you may have with physical inmunes ( i even use it to kill when Oblivion Mages are around because of the iron maiden).

Btw UselessOne, you maxed conviction and fanatism before knowing aura flashing didnt work right? or is there any reason in particular why you went zeal/fana and conviction?

[edit, just edited to subscribe to the thread]

5. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

When 1.10 first came out in November, no one had gear and everyone was essentially forced to party with other people to get through the game. At the time, it made more sense to me to do that since there often was another zealot in the party with fanaticism and at least one sorc present in the party. Quite often, even if I was the only zealot in the party, if there were several sorcs present, I kept conviction on instead of fanaticism since it was already known at the start of the patch that sorcs were going to do higher damage than zealots anyways.

Nowadays (only three months or so later), there is no reason to max conviction first because many of us have strong enough equipment to get through any area in the game without other people and there are enough strong characters out there who are willing to help out these days for free.

6. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I just use a bunch of elemental damage charms, plus some lightning damage from my Crescent Moon conquest sword. Does the job well enough without needing to spend any skill points.