Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you?...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Bigman812, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Bigman812

Bigman812 IncGamers Member

How do you?...

I have a Fanat Zealot Paladin. He has been completely nasty threw the second half of Normal mode and all the way through Nightmare. I only died once in Nightmare mode due to Iron Maiden. Nothing could stop me. The second I step foot in Hell mode, and I'm literally in Hell. Now, I have a few characters in Hell mode and have done quite well with only a death here and there. But this is the first melee character I've built and gotten up to Hell mode. The reason I did good in Nightmare mode and what not is because I had some equipment that was more or less ahead of his time. I have Silk Weaves, a few pieces of the templar set, The Ward for a sheild, and some other stuff that I can't remember what they are. I realize that this stuff is pretty decent for Nightmare, but I feel that it's rather obsolite for Hell. I see a lot of people in these forums that give out complete shopping lists of equipment that they want or have that to me seems impossible to collect. How in the world do you guys find this stuff? I have some things to trade but I just don't think they're up to par with the stuff that I need. Should I try doing some nightmare Meph runs or something? I have over 100% MF stuff. It ain't incredibly much, but I think it works. So basically, my question is how can I get myself hooked up with some better equipment? Most of the traders out there just aren't interested in the stuff that I have so in turn, I get laughed at and I get nothing. Go figure. :buddies:

2. cthrag

cthrag IncGamers Member

That sounds like a good idea to me. 100 MF should be enough to get you some decent stuff if you stick at it.

I suspect you're talking about the trading channels on battle.net here, right?.

The trading channels are generally terrible places to try trading for items, especially when it's not "godly" items you're trying to trade.

Try the trading forums here; you'll find them much more pleasant, and you'll be more likely to find people willing to trade for the sort of stuff you've got.

3. Bigman812

Bigman812 IncGamers Member

Nah. I'd just find those "trading" games in the Battle.net game list. I'd jump in there and try to trade some stuff. One of Three things usually happens. One, I say that I'll trade this piece of trash for the ridiculously godly weapon or armor or something that seems completely impossible to find and they give me the old "lol" and then close out the trading screen. Two, I'd ask if they wanted to trade anything and they simply say "no thanks" which is the kinder reaction. Or Three, they have even worse stuff then I have and I wouldn't give a pair of cracked boots for anything they have. Looks like it's meph run time. :thumbsup:

4. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Well, for poor people u hav ta start with a good rune drop from forge. UM and up will get you good stuff.

5. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

You can find stuff good enough to use doing Meph and Baal Runs in NM. Also, for a zealot, the most important thing is his weapon. My Paladin was stuck in Hell act 4 until I found Baranar's star. Once I got that, rest was pretty easy. As a Paladin.. you should be able to get 200+ MF in NM without sacrficing anything. I used PTopaz Helm and Armor, with Rhyme Shield and 3 piece Sigon set for a loooooonnnnnggggggg time before I found godly stuff. Also, save gold and gamble. I got a +3 Pally Combat Ammy with 35MF and traded that for a nice rune and Griz Helm. BTW, I have a lvl 90 Paladin and he still uses Sigon Glove, Belt and Boots and HE ROCKS.

6. Sukkoi19

Sukkoi19 IncGamers Member

You didnt really specify what other characters you had in Hell, but I would think tricking them out with MF gear as well might be helpful.

The problem with melee is that they are so dependant on their gear, as youve discovered. At least they make up for it though when you get it right. Best of luck.

7. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

My suggestion would be to find socketable helm and armor, put in some perfect topazs and do some Nightmare Meph, and Travincal council runs. Both areas can surprise you with good drops and they are relative safe to get to (but watch out for those Stygian dolls on the way to Meph!).
    Also, try making Wealth armor rune word (3 socket armor plus Lem,Ko,Tir runes) will give you 100% mf.
    The secret is finding a decent item you don't need and trade upwards. Takes time but you will get there.

Good luck!