How do you write your dates?

Does drinking alone make you an alcoholic?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• D.P.B. (of course, the Durf, Poing, Boobies option, but I shortened it)

• Total voters

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you write your dates?

I got a letter dated 4/3/05. I called the author and he mentioned something about March when the letter was written. Not April 3rd as I thought.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Swedish standard is day/month/year, i guess it goes for whole Europe :thumbsup:

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
Its day/month/year here as well.
It can get a bit confusing sometimes when dealing cross US-Europe :teeth:

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I do month/day/year because that's how we do it in the US. I guess it goes hand in hand with us preferring to use April 27 over 27 April when we write out the months. ALthough I think day/month/year makes more sense when you are just doing numbers.

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
Them here Europeans like going from smallest to biggest: dd/mm/year. Despicable.

I personally prefer the mm/dd/year; it's easier to use. Especially when you have a list of several dozen dates, you just scroll your eyes down the months on the left instead of watching the middle intently.

2005/28/04 also works.

Edit: I had a teacher who used roman numerals for months. I found that to be rather neat.

myleftfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
UserMathias said:
Them here Europeans like going from smallest to biggest: dd/mm/year. Despicable.

I personally prefer the mm/dd/year; it's easier to use. Especially when you have a list of several dozen dates, you just scroll your eyes down the months on the left instead of watching the middle intently.

2005/28/04 also works.

Edit: I had a teacher who used roman numerals for months. I found that to be rather neat.
Yeah you're right, it's a complex challenge reading dates over here :lol: