Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you use a hammerdin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Demonic Angel Rules, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

How do you use a hammerdin?

This is a little annoying at times. My hammers are pretty good at killing. 1-3 of them and everything is dead. But the problem is I have troble hitting them. Ive got some pretty good gear and lots of +skills and fcr. Ive been using him for only like a mounth and im still not used to how his hammers seem to come out of his back. Im using the stradgy of throwing out 2 hammaers then running a few steps then throwing 2 more out etc. The problem is this is slow and boring. Is there something im doing wrong and is there a better way of attacking the eniems. Btw ive got a HF merc if that makes a diffrence.

2. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

if you have enigma, get namelock on the monster, hit tele so you land right on top of it, then switch on concentration and shift cast hammers. repeat.

3. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

how exactly do you namelock?

4. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

move your mouse cursor over a monster/player, untill you see it's/ his name.

5. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

so to tele namelock for example, i have tele on right click. I move cursor over them when their on screen and do i hold the left click, and then when they move off screen i press the right click?

6. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Kind of. Basically if you tele on top of any monster it automatically puts you in the right position to hit them with the hammers. So just find whatever monster you want to kill, hover cursor so his name appears, tele, switch to conc, hammer away.

7. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Is there a trick in doing bal runs with this chr as the main killer/rusher with hammers. I seem to cast hammers and they do not even hit the monsters right in front of me part of the time.

Is the key to move around a lot instead of standing still. Lol. I seem to miss monsters right in front of me while I get pelted?

8. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

The key in baaling is to spam hammers sitting in one position, creating what is called a hammerfield. This field is a mineflield to all enemies, as with proper fcr (125) your hammers will set up a wall of dmg around you. Then all monsters to enter the hammerfield will die.

9. rynke

rynke IncGamers Member

it kinda depends, is it for pvp or pvm?

if it's for pvm then just stand were the monsters will spawn and make a h-field and then if u dont hit some of them, just tele right on top of them and spam hammers.

if it's pvp try to stick south(make sure ur not north of him) of the enemy so u can tele on top of him and spam hammers, exactly like single targets in pvm, i won't go more into pvp tacs. This is the basic (namelock, tele, attack)

if u want more with pvp, read a pvp guide :thumbsup: