Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you track and organize your legendaries?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by horadrimm, Dec 30, 2014.

1. horadrimm

horadrimm IncGamers Member

A spreadsheet or database?

I take screen shots of each legendary then name each file with a detailed label. When needing to find a specific one I just use the search feature of the operating system to filter by words in the file name then open the pictures.

You?

2. Gantie

Gantie IncGamers Member

I used to take screenshots and in paint would type over it where I got it, name the image the mob and save in files named by act. I stopped doing that some time ago.

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Yeah, I neither track nor organize legs anymore. I took screens of all of them early on, and when I'm testing new patch stuff on the PTR I take a lot of shots knowing I'll use them in news posts and articles... but in general I don't pay attention to this as I did in D2.

Back then the Grail type collecting was more interesting since there were so many very rare items. In D3 there are only about a dozen total that are more than slightly uncommon, and really just one item that's super uncommon... and that's no longer true in the upcoming v2.1.2 patch, since all the ultra rare stuff is increased in drop rate.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Legendary#The_Rarest_Legendary_Items

Do other people track legs, or organize? I don't bother and don't feel like the stash gives enough room to save them up.. but I'm curious if others feel differently. I do wish there was an achievement where the game tracked your finds. Like those achievements for killing all Uniques, or champs of every type, etc.

4. DavidTheSlayer

DavidTheSlayer Clan Officer - Europe

I think it's the time taken to track them that's putting me off. I guess a screenshot would be fastest but harder to dig into to extract something useful compared to an excel file.

5. altermaven

altermaven IncGamers Member

I have 1 tab for craft mats, rift keys and gems that are marquise+. 2 dedicated class tabs, 1 general class tab and 1 misc tab after that.

6. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

The D3 armory kinda interfaces with Excel.

1. Equip item
    2. Open your char sheet in your web browser
    3. drag the image of the item from the armory to an Excel cell. It will drop right in. You can adjust size up or down, or drop images on top of each other. There is no item stats included, just the image of the item.
    4. drag the name of the item from the armory to an Excel cell. You get a hyperlink to the item. The name of the hyperlink is all of its stats. You can just remove the hyperlink in Excel if you want.

What you'd really like is to be able to just drag into Excel the pop up stat window you get when you hover over an item. But you cannot do that because you have to hover over the link to see the stat window, and if you move the cursor over to the window it vanishes. So, you have to do something like make an image of it with the snipping tool, then open the image in Paint, and then copy that image into Excel.