Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how do you run Baal and OT

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Mar 5, 2004.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

how do you run Baal and OT

How do you guys run Baal in 7-8 mins?

If I run Baal on P1, it will take me ages to get Baal, once I could fight Baal, it will be a rather short work. but to kill every thing on the way is hard.

I use fishymance (without MF gear) for the safety. And my map is pretty good, from WSP lvl2 WP to lvl3 entry is just a screen or two of walk. from lvl3 to lvl4 is about 2.5 screen away.

OT: don't you wish we could have Zod, a lot of Zod in real life? My car was just damaged, and service time is near, plus flat tyer ..., all I need to fix all of the problem is a single ZOD!

And 9.11 wouldn't happen if the WTC was ZODed.

2. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

I think many of the more prominent baal runners can do it in 7-8minutes with great mf gear and probably a nice map. I myself, if i ever do baal runs do it with my CsZon.

3. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

It takes me about 16 minutes to run Baal (Players 3) and about 14 minutes to run pits (Players 8). But if I find something usefull I'll have to go into town and put it in my stash and If my stupid Merc dies, I have to go and revive him. So in average to run Baal, Pindle, Pits takes me about 40 minutes.

It it takes others 7 minutes to run Baal, they must have a really good map and they bypass many of the monsters on the way to the Throne room, but I think can be done.

By the way I use a Zealot to make my runs.

Takis (El_Greco)

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I would say the ones doing a Baal run in 7-8 minutes use Enigma or a Sorc to teleport straight to the Throneroom, kill everything there at players 1, set players to 3 after killing Lister and friends and then take down Baal.

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

zod'ed WTC :lol: sryy about that, anyway, my baal run... sorc or winddruid... tele tele tele tele tele tele tele that brings me to his minions.. players1, orb, orb, orb, orb minions take 4 minutes with either my windy or sorc, players3, kill baal in 2-3 minutes

ta da :howdy:

good luck with them

robin

6. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I just run Baal to see how fast you can Kill him. You can do it in 7 minutes but you don't have time to kill anything on the way to the throne room. And personaly I like to kill the monsters on the way there because their drops are comparable to the monsters in the pits.

As strijdje said, teleporting is the way to go if you have the ability. Unfortunately I can't teleport with my Zealot. Stupid Zealot! And I'm not getting him an Enigma, too many good runes for that.

Takis (El_Greco)

7. Piawanegawa

Piawanegawa IncGamers Member

I had the same problem a while ago, and had two tips that helped a lot.

1.) Use a merc, might act 2 merc for a fishymancer, and give him some Crushing Blow gear. GREATLY speeds killing speed against Baal up.

2.) Get some teleport gear. Naj's Puzzler is a good choice for 69 teleport charges on it, Enigma would be gourgeous, but that is out of the question for most of us :). Not only can you ignore level 2 and 3 of the WSK by teleporting through it, you can do a very useful trick against Baal:

When you get into the WSC, immediately teleport across the gap between the portal and the stone right on top of Baal. On top is meant absolutely literally here. Your merc and your skellies will all be at one spot and start chopping away. Baal tries to hit them instead of teleporting away or creating doubles. The skellies and the merc using CB usually chop him down in a minute or so. A clay golem will slow Baal down. And keep him amplify damage cursed at all times.

Pia

8. strijdje

well i'm lucky i own a enigma, but my winddruid uses that one, my zealot, fishymancer etc all have a teleport amulet in their stash in case im too lazy too switch my enigma, teleport amulets are rather common i think, i have around 7 rare one's with +skills or res and stats.. they work sweet :thumbsup:
    naj's staff is a great thingy to have too btw, i belive it had around 70 charges off teleport

robin

9. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

I run the wsk in players 8 and it doesn't take alot of time, I teleport (with ammy charges) to the throne chamber and it takes from begining till the last monster of Lister brothers :lol: about 6-9 minutes, then baal also at player 8 dies in 3-8 minutes. I'm using for that my soldiers Venomancer.

10. DeathMaster

I see the tele point, but I still failed to see how can you bypass many monsters. eg. you could tele tele tele, but at the end, you will have to defeat all monster in the throne room, and five waves of minions before face Baal. Can you bypass Baal's minions?

I clean everything from WSK waypoint to Baal, it usually takes 30-40 mins, depending on what monsters I face.

BTW, what's wrong with ZODed buildings? I think all important buildings should be ZODed, and all my important stuff should have ZOD. Just think how much money you can save if you ZOD your car?

11. lemon

lemon Banned

I wish i could Zod my hard drive so i won't lose my d2 chars :lol:

12. strijdje

yeah ok, but you need duped ZOD's then.. and the ruststorm deletes all the ITAMZ inluding building cars with duped zod's in them so i dont think that will do any good ^^

13. DeathMaster

I think the only truble with ZOD is: we will have a lot of indestructible "waste", that we can do nothing about them. Also, no new buildings as old buildings are impossible to take down. (how can we have such huge cube to unsocket a building?)

14. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

What happens if Larzuk puts the socket in the actual disk surface though - he is a Barbarian after all...

15. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I run Baal pretty quick with all my characters due to great map, and or tp (get an amulet or Naj's puzzler). My fishymancer has a great map and I use merc with Hone Sundan (40% CB) that takes about 5-6 min. My assassin is slower 10-15 min since LI suck, but she wastes Baal's minions in no time (no LI's) however Baal (players 4 once i get to the minions) is dangerous for her (I haven't tried Woestave trick, that may do it, for Woestave trick see Friday thread). My sorc teleports and wastes all in about 4-5 min roughly (players 1/players 4 Baal). I think hammerdin will be slower than sorc (since no Static).

16. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I can run him pretty quick if there are no Oblivion knights, otherwise I have to save and restart, too high of risk for my zealot.

17. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

My question to you DeathMaster is if two ZODed cars have an accident what hapens? Do both anti-zod each other or is it like hitting a brick wall except without the damage and would the zod properties be effective on the passengers? :lol:

18. DeathMaster

@NSXdreamer: what happened if you face full screen of blacksouls? they are very dangerouse.

@spook_cell: if 2 indestructible car ever "crash", no damage shall be done to both cars. Passengers depend on how good is the seat belt/air bag. I want my car ZODed (with racing car seat belt). ZOD car will save a lot of lifes, just think how bad in case of big crash, now you have a car that won't crash at all. US army will need it badly, any personal in Iraq will be much safer (no more destroyed Huvee, roadside bomb, what bomb? I dont feel a thing here!).

19. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

You can bypass Lister and his gang if you can lure them back to the entrance and then run (or teleport) back to the throne room. It takes me 15 mins just to beat Baal with my Lightsaber

20. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Use Thundergod's, 85% lightning resist with the absorb will wimpy them down completely.