Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you prevent getting stuck charging?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by m1rage, Feb 23, 2004.

1. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

How do you prevent getting stuck charging?

It's pretty annoying when your char gets stuck in mid charge. Most of the time it's instant death for me.

I've tried to narrow down how it happens, but it seems fairly random...although it seems to happen more often when you continually charge someone?

So does anyone know if there is a way to avoid this or just don't play a charger? :lol:

(sorry if this has been asked already, but i couldn't find an answer when looking at old threads)

2. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

Ok, out of trial and error, the only way that I have been able to consecutively pull a charge freeze is:
    -pressing 'w' in mid charge (switching weapons for those of you who have it set as a different button....)
    -shift-charging to get around faster and then running out of mana mid charge
    -switching to another hot-keyed skill in mid charge

another thing, the only way I can avoid getting charge frozen in pvp is to wait until well after the charge is over and then switch to smite or whatever i plan to use

3. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure this was fixed somewat? By making your pally charge in slow motion rather than charge when otherwise he would be stuck. I haven't encountered the freeze bug for quite a while already, but the slow charge seems to have replaced it.

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

One thing that I have seen is if I miss my target. As in I do not get close to them with my attack at all. Ill freeze up.

5. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

I don't mean slow charges, as in when someone decrepifies you in mid charge. I mean plain out stops until someone whacks you for a while or you die. Surely it happens to other people...it happens to me literally every 5 mins :lol:

6. senji

senji Banned

happends to me sometimes you can just weapon switch to fix it

7. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

i was playing my charger last night and i don't think i locked at all, weird, i know. I was shift charging all over the place. What i did encounter is not being able to shift charge out of a battle. All I had to do was a real quick release/press shift to continue shift charging all over the place. Lag was the real locker for me yesterday. It's almost funny to see your char's body in two places at once for a split second. One running, one flat on the floor.

8. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Yup, weapon switch always works when you're stuck into the ground while charging. (press W twice - not too slowly -)

if you do it too fast you might notice yourself punching the monsters with no shield and weapon because of lag etc you actually only switched once.

9. grogthecaveman

grogthecaveman IncGamers Member

i had an even weirder thing happen to me today... after a while, charge just stopped working. i could still move around and stuff, and use other attacks, just not charge. i had to quit the game and join it again. has this happened to anyone else? it was on US east ladder, which i couldn't access for a few hours last night around 1 AM EST....

10. ImmortalChicken

ImmortalChicken IncGamers Member

Havent had that with my pally, but my barb's leap attack sometimes simply stops working. I have died a couple times because i couldnt get out of a crowd when leap attack was disabled. Leap and everything else works fine, just not leap attack, it's wierd..

11. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure this has to do with activating Holy Shield, and switching b4 the casting animation is over.

12. Guy_LeDouche

Guy_LeDouche IncGamers Member

The charge bug that breaks your charge as i call it (ie it wont work, shift or otherwise) happens when you die mid charge i belive. Its annoying, you gotta leave the game and come back to fix it and im pretty sure it only happens if you die while charging. This is at least where i noticed it, mostly when dueling. Id get a foh or fireball midcharge and die, and after that my charge wont work anymore. It kinda makes charging around hammeridns dangerous. As for the freeze thing i dunno what causes it, but i think those punks at Blizz left it in on purpose because imo charge is a kickass skill now and they wanted to tone it down a bit (i got no proof, im just bitter. i hate the charge bugs.... besides, after 2 years in the works and months of beta testing on 1.10, how do you miss such an obvious bug.)

13. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

But there are also times when charge won't work while I am still alive.

14. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Happens to me, too. Everything else works, but charge is just gone. Not till I leave the game and join, does it get back to normal.

and, yeah, getting stuck happens when I'm alive.

15. MhUser

MhUser IncGamers Member

it happened 2 me yeterday i was in a duel game and after a while i couldnt charge at all i thought for a while that it was some kind af a hack some stupid bone necro used against 2 prevent me from kicking his *** hard
    than i decided that it must have been lag cause the game was very laggy

i couldnt charge nor shift charge damn it is annoying when u try 2 dodge the bone spirits

16. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

the Charge Bug triggered also when Holy Shield duration runs out mid-charge...