Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you plan a vacation?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geeno, May 20, 2005.

1. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

How do you plan a vacation?

I'd like to go to Mexico next winter or spring, but I really have no clue how to plan any of this kind of stuff. I know there are travel agencies and stuff but that seems like its just more money that I could be spending on the trip. Since I live in Upstate NY, driving is not an option so Id have to find a cheap flight out of Syracuse or Rochester.

Does anyone to know any good sites to find places to visit? I suppose I could just pick a town, go there and find a place to stay and eat... But It would be nice to have some forsight into this.

Ive also discovered this beautiful little paradise in on the coast of Bosnia called Neum, so I suppose thats an alternative... But at this point in time I have my heart set on Mexico for two reasons: I dont want to forget spanish... and open pharmacies!

I know some of you like to travel, so give up the secrets!

2. gaoneng

gaoneng IncGamers Member

Most budget travellers like Lonely Planet, I like Footprint... They are pretty much the same, just slight difference in the presentation format. Either way, just grab a copy of their guidebooks and you'll know Mexico better than the Mexicans do. :)

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I don't know if the "Let's Go" series has any books on Mexico, but you should check them out. They do traveling on a budget, for students and stuff. It's a very honest guide book that doesn't spend lots of time romanticizing certain places, but gives a great look at the must see things and some out of the way things you wouldn't find yourself.

eidt: http://www.letsgo.com/

That's their website, if you want to check them out.

About Let's Go

4. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Don't forget to find out prices for everything ahead of time. Those Mexicans will rip you off at every corner. Beers are between 60 cents and $3. Taxis can scam you for $15 for a $2 ride. I've seen too many tourists give $10 for a $1 ride.

Remember minimum wage is ~$7/DAY. So you give someone $5 over what's it's worth, it'll really make his day.

5. skihard

skihard Banned

ask my wife where she wants to go, look up how much it costs, start saving till we have the money. the rest is up to her.