Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you make a...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Lawrencearm, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Lawrencearm

Lawrencearm IncGamers Member

How do you make a...

I was wondering what kind of gear would be the best to do hard things like running baal runs in full games and chaosing alot of low lvl people and all for a Hammerdin.
    First of all, would a shako or a coa with 2 bers be better? Would the damage reduce in pvm help alot? Not to mention the nice res fom coa.
    Second, spirit, hoz, or pheonix? This is the answer I would most like. Would you need the spirit for fcr? Or would the aura on pheonix help when killing stuff in the chaos sanctary?
    For the rest of the gear im guessing;
    Ararchids
    Maras
    Soj's
    Hoto
    Treks
    and mage fists

Would that be the way to go to make the untimate baal runable chaos runable hammerdin?

And would getting paladin combat gcs be better than filling the inventory with 20 life scs?

I know this would cost alot and I probably cant afford alot of it, but I would really like to know. Any comments are welcome.
    Thanks.

2. Littlewoodenboy

Littlewoodenboy IncGamers Member

hmmm

coa is usally used for Pvp id stick to the shako more life and skill points anyway. i hope this helps you. ive been doing hell baal runs with a hammerdin for a long time. and i havent died at all with this setup if u can afford it

40 Hoto
    archon enigma all the way
    shako cham rune in it sou dont have the stuipd frozne that some emeies do
    30maras
    hoz ber'd for dr
    soj
    bk ring
    arac sash
    waterwalks in my opinion for life boost and faster run/walk
    gloves its up to u trang gloves or mage fist will do but u do need 20fcr gloves to brk the cast rate. hoto arach plus 20fcr for gloves should break it

as far as charms if u care to pick up anything during ur runs u do need room and i had an anni a torch plus 4 combat gcs and i still did some massive dmg. plus had room to spare

my merc played a important roll too. i got the hell defensive act 2 that had defiance aura for the xtra d for u. outfitted him with doom crytipic axe eth coh and delirum. my merc has 3 auras on him holyfreeze difance and concentration. he did 10k byhimself. ofcourse u can switch it up a bit but this worked for me

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Casting rate isn't slowed when you're Chilled, so Cannot Be Frozen isn't necessary if all you're doing is tele'ing and casting hammers. The only time you'll be running/walking is in town. Put something more useful in the Shako.

4. Lawrencearm

Lawrencearm IncGamers Member

Thanks guys.

So using pheonix would not be a good idea? I thought it might be cool.
    Can anyone tell me?
    thanks

5. emar

emar IncGamers Member

PvM allows for great flexibility in terms of gear. If you can output sufficient damage, and hit the desired breakpoints, resists, DR, Pheonix is certainly a viable shield (note: If you are a pally, use it in a Pally shield...) The passive redemption aura is fantastic. I personally would use it. If you don't want to use it on your equip then 1 point investment is worthwhile.