Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do YOU know when to enter a dclone server?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ArcTeryx, Sep 6, 2006.

1. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx IncGamers Member

How do YOU know when to enter a dclone server?

For the experienced dclone hunters out there, when do you try to enter a specific ip for dclone? For example, do you try to enter an ip when it reaches over say, 50 sojs, or maybe when it's classifed as "hot" in the channel? What is everyone's take on this? Thanks.

2. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

When they get up past 40 sojs, I've noticed that your chances of getting a game on that IP are significantly less than a lower count, regardless of wheather or not it is hot, active, slow, or not moving at all... The reason is all the camping... If you have nothing better to do, then by all means, try for it... Just try not to make game too fast... Count 10 seconds in game, and count another 10 seconds again before making a new game, and your chances of getting a temp ban will drop by like 80%...

If the server is hot, and the count is low, go for it... But, what I would recomend doing is finding the top 3 IP's, (i.e. .top) and shoot for the first or second one on the list... Doing this late at night is the best way... After you get the IP you want, then go to act 5, go up the stairs behind the stash, get kinda close to the stairs, and click on your stash... Your screen should start shaking, and your character will continue to run in place... This will keep you from droping the game due to inactivity... After that, turn your monitor off, and go do something else... If you do this at night, go to sleep, get up and go to work/school, then by the time you get home, you'll have a DClone waiting in your game!

The top servers pop... It may take a while, but they almost always do... Good luck, I hope this helps! ^_~

*Requiem_Death

3. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

You can also use the/fps command .This will display ping and frames per second.These figures constantly change and the game interprets it as ingame activity.

4. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

I did not know that... Thanks for the info!

*Requiem_Death