Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you know if an item is duped or not?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SatansAvenger, Apr 7, 2004.

1. How do you know if an item is duped or not?

New to the game, heard a lot about duped stuff, how do you know though? And if someone gave me something that is duped, will I get banned?

2. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

I think that if u try using a duped item it will dispear

3. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I think you have the age old question. I don't think there is a real way to know if your item is duped. But if it is, the item will disappear when another with the same ID enters your game. I can say from experience that most "high" runes (look at www.diabloii.net under runes for rarity info) are duped. I bought some on Ebay 2 months ago. As soon as I entered a game to use them (1 Zod, 1 Cham, etc.) they all but 1 (Gul) disappeared. I have even had an Enigma armor disappear before! Such highly sought items, such as runeworded items, often have such high scarcity (due to one or two runes that have a chance of like 1in1billion to be found) that one has to ask "how is that almost everyone online on non-ladder has an enigma armor?"

I don't think anyone will be able to say for sure how to tell duped items, but I would stick to mfing or take your chances with those other items that almost everyone has or is trading.

This is how I feel now :cheesy: :flip:

4. Ohmn

Ohmn IncGamers Member

Slightly off topic but relevant, what is this botting of pindle and hephisto I hear about. People talk about it like it is a "cheat" but I have no idea what it is. Could someone please explain what it is so I can at least know what is being talked about.

5. mstrnicegui

mstrnicegui IncGamers Member

I don't know how the hephaesto bot works, but the pindle bot is a program that automatically carries out a series of keystrokes with a character you use that will move the character to where pindle is, attack him and pick up items. Pindle it's easy to figure out because pindle is always located in the same place. I don't know the point of a hephaesto bot... the forge is never in the same place and he isn't a popular items dropper, you must mean mephisto... I don't know how the bot figures out where the stairs are down to level 3, but it does it.

I've never used a bot, so I'm only saying it from hearsay...

6. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

To make it short the meph bot works similar to map hack.The bot recieves the map and dertermines where to tele. Pindle bot was explain well. And there is a way to tell some duepes but not much so now. The down fall of the method is that it involves the use of a hack and will not be relivant to many items anyway not to mention its not 100% but still the closest way. With map hack you can see the ilvl of the items and chances are if an item has the same %s on all x-xx mods and ilvl then they are duped. As for previously stated dupe test they hold true for somethings but not all. In .09 there was a way to perm dupe things so even if you had 50 of the same items all duped they would not poof. Most dupes (on nl anyway) have been perm duped or are dupes without id's that will not poof. But all in all there is no way what so ever to tell if an item is duped or not. Just remember that most dupes are highly sought out items and check the no trade list on the Trade Forums. That should be a buyers beware for you.