Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you guys do it?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

How do you guys do it?

So, I got an IP number on the european server where SOJ selling was going on...I am making games like crazy but can't hit the IP at all :( and now I got a 15 minute ban.

Everyone else make it sound so eay. :(

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Both times I had diablo walk I was just in mf games. I saw the counter going up quickly and hung out for longer than usual to wait for the pop.

It's just like mfing....all luck. You'll find him eventually.

And yes, getting into a game on a particular ip is hard as hell. Still think nstats is incredibly cheap and cheating now that you've tried it? :p

3. Lord Chaos

Yes, I do actually...hehehehe

4. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

It is easy only for people who use a bot...

Otherwise, it is a real challenge, like 2 hours of creating games before entering it. And sometimes, you just never find the right IP.

The most frustrating is when you painfully find a game, go to bed/work while letting your char idling (running towards Larzuk for example), and when you come back, he has quit the game for some unknown problem.

There is a reason why even the worst annihilus charms are so expensive, you know.

5. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

last 5 times i fought dclone most recent to least

my mf game

friends mf game

my mf game

friends dueling game

friend's dueling game

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

And nowadays, with world events less and less common, this whole thing is becoming almost impossible for us non-bot users.

And is it just me? Or has blizzard made it easier to get kicked off bnet? After I discovered the "secret" of waiting 10 seconds before entering/leaving games, I had a streak of over 1 month without getting kicked off. But in the past week, I got locked out of bnet 4 times!!!

On a related note, is there a way to whisper to someone on a different realm? For example, I get locked out while muling. Can I log onto USeast and whisper to a friend on USwest?

thx

7. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

So when you get the SOJ message, you don't have to run to the nearest super unique? You can just stand in town til it goes off?

Hrm.. I always thought you had to go right to the nearest guy (how I found him where Rakinishu is).

8. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

IP shopping is pretty easy. You were on the right track, but just made your games too fast, and bnet thought you were up to no good. Next time spend at least 5 seconds in every game before you exit, and at least 5 seconds between games. If you have a slow comp like mine, this is not a problem.

Also, those people saying it takes a bot to find the IP you need and hours are just plain wrong. I've been doing it manually with no problems, and it has never taken me longer than 35 minutes or so, and I have done it many, many times.

Mith

9. London

London IncGamers Member

Yeah, I know. Today, I landed in the right IP on like my 5th try... I waited there for about 20 minutes, several SOJ counts came up, then my computer decided to be gauy and froze. Whats the 10 second trick? I always get locked out BNet. I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to find DClone, and it sucks because my Pally could whale on him.

10. Lord Chaos

It didn't land me on the right IP period, and I went on for hours...still had not got on the right IP when I was messaged that DC was already dead :(

And I did hundreds of games...heck I must have got .34 .35 and .39 like 20 times...but no .31

There are over 200 servers, the odds of hitting one specific, when its being pounded already is not good. :(

11. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

I kill the clone today :)
    Was just doing a self transfer and he poped, /w a couple of friends to help.

But in reality, he is really easy.
    My friends concentrate barb, with BotD CB, and my other friends Blizz sorc both died, me with my WW Druid, BotD Ogre Maul, managed to stay alive and kill him, only using 4 full rejuvs :)

Just felt the need to gloat :flip: