how do you guys back up your files?

tokerdin

Diabloii.Net Member
I know gomule automatically backs up your stashes but last time i had computer issues i couldnt get them to work no matter what i tried. So im curious how do you guys do it?

My other question is if any of you play on linux in a virtual machine running windows? Im just getting tired of microsofts crap. Im considering switching over if i have a good way to back up my chars and stashes.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I have an external hard drive. Perfect. I also occasionally zip and email it to myself.

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't use gomule but I'd assume you could just copy the files to a flash drive them copy them back, no?

Ohhh Microsoft... Gotta love them. You don't need a virtual machine, get WINE instead. It's an API translator to let you run native window apps. Diablo 2 is a platinum (perfectly running) game. I use Linux and windows 7 on my laptop, it runs fine under either system.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
ya just copy and paste a backup folder for your gomule stashes and your save file if you want more than the automatic backup

tokerdin

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help guys im all backed up now.

i was under the impression it didnt work very well on wine. Thats good news. I think im going to wait until this install of windows starts to slow down before i switch over.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
I have D2 running on Ubuntu with Playonlinux / Wine. No problems, but it isn't my main machine.

For backups, zip them up and e-mail them to yourself.