Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you find Meph?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by warding, Mar 13, 2004.

1. warding

warding Banned

How do you find Meph?

I've heard of people doing Meph in under 1 minute...how do they find him without maphack so quickly?

2. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Something about going clockwise along some wall to a certain point blah blah.. i have no idea it always takes me forever to get there. Actually, i would like to know this as well :grrr:

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Teleport clockwise from the wp and ALWAYS keep to the outermost wall and also teleport over chasms.
    Also put into other words: Keep your shield pointed to the nearest wall when teleporting.

These techniques have proven to be the fastest, though sometimes even when you go clockwise the entrance to lvl3 can be farther away and sometimes the entrance is in the middle of the map somewhere (very seldom though).
    Also watch out to have at least 63% FCR that you can escape monster attacks, should you teleport into a mob.

I usually just keep my finger on the right mousebutton with Teleport selected and dont stop until i see the exit.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

Teleport clockwise. Thats really all there is to it.

5. ioupain

ioupain IncGamers Member

Once you have done a couple of runs you will recognise dead ends and this will also speed up your meph runs

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Yes, after some runs you will no the different map-elements by heart andsee the dead ends. I once started dreaming of lvl2 Durance :cheesy:

7. ioupain

ioupain IncGamers Member

lol

i occasionally find myself thinking about finding a tal's armour aswell

we really need to get ourselves lives :surprise:

8. GIR

GIR Banned

After playing for a while, you start to just know. Subconciously you start recognizine features that let you know you're on the right track. At least that's what works for me.

9. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

How do I find Meph....... Let's see......

Usually ugly, angry and for some unknown reason, wanting to take my head off.

Oh and overall not a very good conversationalist.

:lol:

10. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

After having it explained to me a few times, I finaly figured it out, and it works 100% of the time.

Ok, first look at the room you started in. The WP room. Now, look at the door leading out of the room, Top right, Top left, bottom right or bottom left. Let's say for this example it's door opens to the bottom right. Now, the room with the door down to level 3, with be turned 90 degrees clockwise. In other words, the door of the room will be pointing to the bottom left. As if you just turned the whole start room 90 degrees. Now, most of the time the durrance is a diamond shape, and sometimes has the butterfly effect where it breaks along some walls with a large moat. This will screw you up the first few times, but you'll get used to it.

So knowing now that the room leading to level 3, opens to the bottom left, you know it's going to be a rom along the top right wall. Unless of course it's one of the few rooms near a "moat" butterfly effec. so 90% of the time, if you just tele along the top right wall, you'll find it. I wish I coudl upload a picture, cause I could draw it pretty easily. It's a pain in the butt to explain.

Just look at the room you start in, and you'll start to know where to loook for it's 90 degree clockwise counter part.