How do you feel about racist jokes?

What do you think of Hp's new 'tar?

• Its teh secks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its the sucks...

• I'm an "Infinity man" man through and through!

• Hp_Sauce is a loser, why should I care about his avatar?

• umm... What am I looking at?!?

• CowBoyNeil

• Total voters

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
none of the above really... they're not offensive to me, and I can find any type of joke funny. I guess to me, if its meant as a joke (and its generally clear if it is or not), then it can be funny, be it a racist, sexist, whatever type of joke, be it "against" me or anyone else. Again, thats as long as everyone knows its a joke.

However, I'm also conscious that not everyone feels that way, so I avoid telling that sort of joke, for fear of offending someone.

-Matt

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
living right inbetween the Mexican/US border and LA areas (add in the beach if you want), i here too many of these "jokes" from too many people. Some people just choose to be racist, it's sad and almost frustrating

Damotta

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm assuming you mean jokes that are about race or are comparing race.

That being assumed, it really depends on how the joke is presented. For example, I absolutely cant stand the way Chris Rock tells jokes about race, but I can handle and sometimes laugh at Dave Chappelle's racial jokes.

Overall, I think racial jokes aren't a good thing. They strengthen the color barrier and a lot of the time they demean African-Americans. Yes, it is most often African-Americans who tell the jokes, but it stems from a long line of self-discrimination, that started way back when with whites racial stereotyping all blacks. Along the way, blacks picked it up and started using it against themselves. They may make it sound cheeky, like it's all in good fun, but the fact is, jokes about how poor some blacks are or how they can be violent or sexually permiscuous are just furthering those racial stereotypes. They may laugh at the jokes at the time and think "yup, that's how things are/were" but that only reinforces that it's ok to live that way and hides the painful emotions associated with such ways of living behind a mask of humor. It's not good to pent up emotions like that no matter how good it may feel at the time.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
If it's funny, it's ok. I like all kinds of humor, and I don't see why I should discard an entire genre. Why not demoralize anything and everything that might offend another person?

If a racist joke is going to strengthen your prejudice, then you're not much to begin with.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Many of the jokes are funny as hell. One must be careful to whom you tell them though, since many people have harder to take some jokes.
I have friends that are from most parts of the world, thus are affected by such jokes, and they actually laugh a lot at them and really can see the point.
That is great.

But for those who do not like to hear such jokes about their own nationality etc, I don't use such jokes.
They are funny, but be careful with whom you tell them to

Johnny

Banned
Most of them I find really funny but the fun part is the joke itself and not that its aimed at a race. Though they shouldnt be told when they can offend someone.

Tutatis

Diabloii.Net Member
If they are funny, I laugh, as long as they are not meant to offend someone I know. I make jokes about other people, but I am make sure I don't offend other present people(unless I want too).

PublicEnemy

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you feel about racist jokes?
It depends on the intentions.
If no harm was meant,you let it pass
If harm was meant,you ask for apologies.If the joker doesn't want,then show him that he's going to regret his joke

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i like all kinds of jokes. telling a rascist joke doesn't make you a rscist IMO. i accept them if they are said in the proper place and they are not meant to offend someone

Steve_Kow

Banned
I don't think that the problems relating to and caused by blacks, hispanics, Jews, Arabs, Indians, Italians, and Asians are anything to laugh about.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Steve_Kow said:
I don't think that the problems relating to and caused by blacks, hispanics, Jews, Arabs, Indians, Italians, and Asians are anything to laugh about.
You forgot Poland.

Anakha1

Banned
Steve_Kow said:
You forgot whites.

I prefer sexist jokes.

VaN_haMMerSteIn

Diabloii.Net Member
WHAT ABOUT THE BLACKS? :p
Anywho, let's tell some raceist jokes...
Who do you get 1000 brown people to run?
Throw a quarter down a hill...
What do you call all the brown people falling down a hill?
MUSLIDE! :p :clap:
DISCLAIMER: Brown people are just as good as white people, I have a bunch of brown friends that I adore... so no harm meant, just afunny joke.