Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you even level up at lvl 98?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Mar 4, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

How do you even level up at lvl 98?

I've been trying to level my zealot for a long time now, and finally hit the 98 mark. But ever since, it seems I'm no longer getting any exp, I mean even after repeated baal runs, there isn't even a white bit in the exp bar. Agh, it's really getting annoying there.
    :rant:

(reason I don't do MP with him is because he had a really great map for baal runs, but I guess I'll have to give it up now)

2. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

i would say that your only hope is players8 hell baals, ALOT, other than that, id say your screwed if you dont wanna do that

3. chase_encode

chase_encode IncGamers Member

Yes you can get there. I just takes a looooooong time. :lol:

BTW you can keep your good map and MP. Find your map seed number in atma and write it down. Then when you are done MPing and want to go back to your good map just use the -seed command. Once you have your map back, make sure to remove the -seed command from you command line argument. Oh, puritanical D2 players may ask you to wear a scarlet letter if you do this though. :flip:

Good luck.

4. Pinoy

Pinoy IncGamers Member

Hmmm...you know back in 1.09...each time i hit 98 with all my chars... I would replace (rehire another lower lvl) my merc and do pindle runs and hit 99 in less than 2 days. :point: PindleBot that is. :lol:

I don't know why but I've done it several time on 1.09.

Please research it as my source is my own and no one else.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

It's easy, really. Just kill several billion quill rats in Normal.

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

It really does not feel that bad. They gave me a big fat one for my big fat find when I used the map seed command and started the whole debate over the seed command. :uhhuh:

Anyways, NSXDreamer, I give you my congratulations about nearly reaching level 99. The highest level I ever got was levek 93. That is a mighty achievement.

7. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I'd have to ask, 1.10 of 1.09?

If it's 1.09, gear yourself for pindle runs. (stack undead gear). AT players 8, it should take about 300 runs to level from 98 - 99. Thats what i calculated roughly when i was trying to level my druid to 99 (he stopped at 98 before 1.10 came out)

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

It needs lots of patience to get your char to lvl 99. I usually do Pit runs with my chars to combine good drops and exp. So far I have leveled my hammerdin to 94 and my sorc to 92 there. I don't believe it is impossible, it s just huge work (I leveled my fishy to 92 just by doing p1 Baal runs so... :lol: )

Lets see when I level my hammerdin to 95 in Pit...I guess it requires few MF runs :teeth:

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

my highest is lvl 86 :( althoguh during this MFO pindle running (250ish) has moved me to almost 87.

10. NSXdreamer

I do play 1.10, and I have done tons of pindle/baal runs (manually that is), but there isn't even a white bit inside the exp bar. :(

This is my very first (viable) char all the way from d2 classic BTW, that's why it's so high, and I focus on the few chars (only 5 atm) I have instead of make a lot of new ones. :lol: (Though I did pumped strength too much, and not enough vit, but I happen to have maxed zeal related stuff, and holy shield and defience, so it worked out not bad with the new synergy. :p

So you baal runners, time to welcome patriach Roland to your party. :lol:

11. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Dreamer: At level 98, you will get approximately 25,000 experience points from killing Baal at players8. To get the 290 million experience you need to get from 98 to 99, you will have to kill Baal around ten to eleven thousand times. For comparison, in 1.09 I believe you get around 15 - 18,000 experience per cow. Good luck!

Chris

12. NSXdreamer

*Shudder*

Not sure if I really want to know the actual number here. :p

13. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

If you read the post about the first 99 on ladder in 1.10, you'll remember that they spent days leveling a hammerdin the final lvl(s), as only baal and big d gave any xp at all... They only played 2 ppl together, and while the one going for 99 killed the seal guards and big d, the other guy readied lister and mates... Imagine DAYS at doing that... Holy Crap

14. luskan

luskan IncGamers Member

Don't forget they also had a closed B.Net only unique Annihilus small charm which gives a small % boost to exp gained. Not much, but in the grand scheme of things I'm sure it cut out a lot of playing time.