Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how do you do this?

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by Millipede, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

how do you do this?

ive never traded on the forum before and cant find a "guide" to what you guys do here. ive looked at peoples actions and trade lists to get an idea. but i still dont quite get it. so heres what ive gathered:

mule trade- make a new account and put your items on there (other person does the same with their items) trade accounts passwords and pick up stuff later when you have time.

in game- meet online and trade

drop trade?- drop all your stuff and other person drops their stuff too (i would never do this!)

do you guys just pm eachother a bunch and wait for them to come online (bnet) or what? how long does this usually take?

how well does trading on this forum work compared to sitting in a trade channel on bnet? (forget about public trade games. i cant stand those)

im sure a few more questions i have will come to mind as more people reply....

2. VespeneGas

VespeneGas IncGamers Member

Re: how do you do this?

A drop trade is exactly what you think it is.

Well, a mule trade actually requires more trust than a drop trade, and is the most common mode of transaction around here. The less established trader (lower trade rating, lower post count in a trade rating tie IIRC) puts the items FT on a new mule account and sends the ign and password of said mule acct to the higher rated trader. That player then removes the item(s) on the mule and replaces them with the currency/items from their end of the bargain. So the lower rated player assumes 100% risk, insofar as the mule recipient could ninjar all teh lootz.

It works really well, however, and people with high trade ratings tend to be quite trustworthy. I'd probably prefer an in-game trade if like 7x Jah 12x Ber or something ludicrous was being exchanged, but I've yet to see a cut-and-dried case of fraud in the mule trading system.

People who prefer in-game trades tend to be on a lot and not many PM's need be exchanged to arrange the trade.

I personally loath the trade channel, filled with rabble and spammers, it's far more civilized around here, people usually don't try to rip you off or insult you.

Welcome to the forums.

3. Thaquitz

Thaquitz IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums!

Vesp summed it all up pretty well. Everyone one I have traded with here has been fair and honest. Just my 2 cents, on the drop trades: If your worried about people just taking your stuff and robbing you, probably not gonna happen here. I have done drop trades with 3-4 people in the game and no one has ever touched something that wasn't intended for them, and drop trades are just so much easier if your doing a bunch of currency spread over 2-3 characters. Happy Trading!

4. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

alrighty then. thanks a lot!

so i have a sorc torch i want to auction that people on bnet have been saying is worth between 4-6 hr. do i start a thread saying i want at least 4 hr for it and wait to see how high it goes? and then pm the highest bidder and set up a meeting on bnet?

ive never been able to trade anything in the channels for more than 3 hr (except for the coa i found) most people just scoff at you for what your trying to trade them unless its just a stupid 4 socket flail for a pul rune. those types of things seem to be the only thing a can succesfully trade without a hassle. nobody will pay for anything unless its super godly elite perfect. and i mean ANYTHING really. i cant even sell a 19 life small charm.

which is what brings me here... :nod:

5. jermany

jermany IncGamers Member

Standard practice is to say the auction closes 24 hours after last bid. Alternatively you can have it run until a certain day and time. Having a reserve is ok too so you're not obligated to trade your item if the offer is too low. Just be reasonable about it. So far everybody I've traded with on this forum has been very easygoing and honest. Good luck!

6. sharkapl

sharkapl IncGamers Member

before that my question for you is.
    define hr ? from what rune onwards.(dont mind me but lotsa bnet ppl are taking IST as HR -.-")
    a sorc torch for 4-6 hr is hard unless its perfect.