Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by -.kreizi.-, Mar 9, 2004.

1. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

How do you do it?

i have read many posts from players saying they reach NM in a day play and can even beat hell within 3-4 days? so i ask how do you do it? with players 1 settings? , then you loose lotsa levels and goda level later? I mean it took my necro to finish ACT4 in Normal for 5 h. maybe because i have slow PC?

so how do you usually play? and as it seems you still get max from your char?

how do you play it trough so fast?? 5h to get to NM act 4? 5 HOURS?? HOW!!! :scratch:

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Can't speak for others but for me it's the same pattern each time...

Session one: players 8 through the whole normal, takes 7-12 hours, more if I do full clears or not. If it's untwinked character I might play only acts 1 and 2, next session would be 3 and 4, 3rd session the 5th act.

Session 2: players 8 through NM, if untwinked, I'm quitting at Kurast normally.

Session 3: players 1 or 8 (depending on the build) through acts 1 and 2 in Hell, possibly quitting at Kurast, sometimes in Arcane.

Session 4: players 8 through the rest of the game.

This is when I feel like gaming just one particular character through the game. Each session is approximately 8 hours long, sometimes longer. Occasionally I spread out the sessions over one weeks time, where Normal difficulty is done in one big session, NM and Hell in 2-3 sessions each.

Of course if you have real life issues such as work or school, this is near impossible to do if you want to sleep too :)

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I am also surprised by the speed of some players. Myself, I take my time, doing full clears and sell everything that is worth at least 50 gold per inventory space. Like yesterday, clearing Normal Frozen Tundra and Ancient´s Way (including their bonus dungeons) on /players 8 took about 3 hours.

The biggest parts of the game I´ve played in a day (full day on a weekend):
    * Act 3 Normal and Act 4 Normal (has happened a couple of times)
    * Act 5 Normal (What a marathon! I was absolutely exhausted after that.)

I don´t get past Normal Andariel in 5 hours of playing...

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

i once played 48 hours with a few breaks during a weekend due to that i got a char from normal to hell on that time span. but then i was twinked and only did what i had to do.

nowdays when i have school and other things on my hand i would not do that.

taking a char to hell can take every thing from 2 weeks to 1 month or so.

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

you should mp with me and snakeEye85 for fun :) we patted our char sin, what was it, two days i believe :teeth: man that was SOO fast, but still too much fun

robin

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

what robin said!

:)

7. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

depend of course of twinqued or not !

if yes , you can give boots with +40%walk , that help a lot.

more seriously with good items, you can run and avoid some parts.
    act 1
    quest 1 you don't need.
    quest 2 you don't need (you can buy it)
    quest 3 put a tp at entry, go ahead, find the scroll , run to next WP. return take tp. rescue cain .
    quest 4/5 don't need
    last quest.

so like you see act one could be done very quick.

act 2
    quest 1 you don't need.

after you don't have really choise to avoid. but if you are good tanked with good damages , you can run very fast. And If you change playersX for difficults passages , you can level quickly also

PS: and don't forget, somebody can run to nm in 5 hours, but he will take 2 week to make pindle run after :)

8. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i would never skip act2 quest 1 :scratch:

ok maybe if your goal is to get thru the game as fast as possible but otherwise.....

9. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

yes for going as fast as possible. and I go back after. make quest 1 of act 1 and 2 when you are level 50 is more easy :)

a sorcesses by exemple at level 50 with 20FO make the fist cavern very quickly.

Personnaly I make the quest1 act 2 direct because I want also to level and I never go to NM in 4 hours, I'm not a hard core gamer like somes in this forum.

10. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

I can only play 3-4 maybe 5 hours at a time, then I gotta take a break and watch some tv or something.

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

nemar, I think there aren't many people here in the SPF who skip the quests, personally I never skip any quest, it's just part of the fun to do them all :)

Besides, skipping quests would mean losing imbue, 2-4 skill points (depending on if you meet Izuel on the way), 5 attribute points, 20 life, socketing, resist scroll...along with the item rewards of course. And that's just for one difficulty.

Why rush a char through so that you can MF monster X, when you still have to level the character up to be able to run that monster? *shrugs* don't know about you guys but to me it doesn't make any sense...

Hellforge rushing would be different as you'd never plan to play with the guy anyway, but MF char is just pointless.

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

If my goal is to play game fast thru, I play one difficulty level in one session. Of course im not doing it untwinked and when questing I seldom do full clears (but I get all waypoints and do all quests even if it is silly). It is not that difficult if you have the best gear always, but still it consumes time, many hours per day.

But I enjoy it :D

edit: I play both norm and nm with /players 8, hell on p1

13. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

@borlag
    The question is 'how go NM in one day', not how do you play or is it fun to go NM is one day.

and I didn't speak about cheating

14. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

umm, and the answer to that is "easily, you just have to play lots". And no one in this thread have talked about cheating, as far as I can tell?

15. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

MP games MP games MP games. When I play solo I can actually go FASTER, but it isn't as much fun, so I don't stick with it as long. My recent MP games have been lasting for entire difficulties, 6 or 7 hours. I don't skip any quests, often times I do extra areas, but I would hardly say I do full clears. I kill everything I run into, but I don't explore the whole map where I don't have to. This results in my characters getting anywhere from 15 to 40 levels in an MP game (I had one where I got a character from 1 to 72, but that was a one time dealy. Maybe again, who knows?)

My usual problem with continuing a character is boredom, not time. I get bored of using them alone, so I quit after about an hour usually. MP games keep you interested.

16. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

:scratch: I didn't say somebody talk about cheat, I just did say I didn't speak about cheating. My english is poor and I'm sorry if what I say is not what I want to say.

but if I don't speak good, I read no bad.

and I read "how do you play it trough so fast?? 5h to get to NM act 4? 5 HOURS?? HOW!!!"

so you can "play a lot" during 5 hours with making all quests, that not explain how it is possible to reach act IV NM

17. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

ah ok, well normally it requires a twinked build that can pretty much have a walk in the park through the game, atleast up to hell difficulty that is. Along with that it should be a cookie cutter that's kills mobs fast.

As 5 hours only gives you slightly more than 1 hour for each act, you can't really do much in that time. Basically it requires you to run all the way to the next area constantly, killing only what's on the way there. You can get the waypoints and stuff like that, handle the quests and so on, but you can't really stop to wonder and do the optional areas then.

I think the people who do one difficulty in 5 hours also twink the characters with atleast the horadric cube, possibly the flail also and the staff, this also speeds it up by alot. Personally I never twink them with any other quest items than the cube.

And like I posted earlier, for me it's more like 8 hours to do one difficulty, 2 hours per act, though 4th act can be done way faster than the others as it's alot smaller.

18. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

If you MP then you can complete all of the quest in a 5 hour game. In fact a normal act 4 char can be rushed in MP to Hell in just under 2 hours by one rusher. I can not imagine how fast two or more rushers could complete this task. The only catch with rushing is that only the person being rush can hit the quest based object. Whether its opening the gold chest for the cube, placing the staff, or touching the book at the ancients. Basically the rushers set up teleports to specific locations so that all necessary quests are completed. Its the person being rushed job to go through each teleport as they can and complete the tasks needed to be rushed.

The whole basis of rushing is to get to Hell the fastest one can do it. Twinking only makes it easier for the person being rushed to survive the entire time.

19. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

yup, I know, but fast gaming through the difficulties is different for SP gaming, which was what I was talking about, and most likely others too?

Of course MP gaming speeds things up alot, you can skip basically everything when there's another player giving all the waypoints, possibly even teleporting to the other areas where you can't go straight with WPs.

20. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

When playing the HCL I used the players 8 command until I reached level thirty (right around the normal High council) than I dropped it to players 1 until I reached Baal. I was twinked, but not uberly. Acts four and five I finished in one session in about 2-3 hours. I ran most of the way (I can't stand most of Act 5) I still completed all of the quests except Nilathack. In HCL, at least for me, items were the most important for survival, so getting a charater to run NM Meph was the goal so I could outfit my other characters. A level 40-45 character has very little promblems collecting the missed quest rewards in Normal. I usually make sure that I get the skill point rewards, but the others that are optional I decide as I am going if I will collect them or not.

One problem with playing players 8 is that eventually you are too high of a level to gain good experience at your current normal progression in the storyline. That is why I just rushed to Baal (and minion's) and ran him for 10-15 levels. Good experience and the best drops that Normal has to offer.

So to get to NM in a day (this I am sure has already been said) Twink (life and skills) , skip quests that are not necesary (although I recommend the skillers), Use players 8 early to gain those first 6-9 levels very quickly, drop to players 1 and run. Try to get to Baal and his minions and use them to make up for the levels you will need before NM. I am not saying this is the best, or funnest way to play but it should work for certain characters with good gear.