Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you do a bear Necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by xXDonVonXx, Jun 6, 2005.

1. xXDonVonXx

xXDonVonXx IncGamers Member

How do you do a bear Necro?

I've seen them own, and I've wanted one, and I know you need beast. I wanna know how there done. Someone please clear my confusion. Please.

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Check out the Commandomancer Guide. The idea is to combine the fanaticism aura with the might merc so you and your skellies can go to town. If you get Pride for the concentration aura it is apparently godly. I'm more lazy though so I'd rather use faith and occasionally shoot things from behind the cover of my skellies.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

so basically, what you need is a beast runeword weapon, which gives you +1 to werebear, meaning you can morph into a bear. After that, enjoy ;)

4. xXDonVonXx

So all it is, is a Skelemancer with a ton of auras. With the option of changing into a bear and totally whooping up with regular attack.

sounds like a barrel of fun. When I get rich enough to get that stuff I'll do it.

Fanaticism+Might+Concentration+Thorns=KILLAGE with max skellies and max Skellie mast you couldn't be stopped! Wow, I'm going to shoot for this!

5. Pherdnut

Well it was still considered quite powerful even before the new runewords so I wouldn't be afraid to try it the second you get yourself a Beast. The poor man's Commandomancer uses the charged lvl 16 Heart of the Wolverine summon from Oath and can choose to synergize Oath's 30% chance to activate bone spirit attack if he so desires. There was a Hard core player here a few weeks ago combining everything she could. She was using Oath and then putting on Whisp Projector when she switched out to Beast, prebuffing with CTA, then summoning with AoKL, and then switching to Beast. I can't remember if she had Pride or not but those would be some insane skellies.

6. xXDonVonXx

Yeah

No kidding man, I wish I was rich like that

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

If u play ladder here is how u can equip your necro and merc

Main char - Necro
    Necro - Beats rw in BA which gets Fanaticism

"Santas little helper" - Your merc :D

Act 2 merc from NM - Migh merc bossting damage

Weapon - Pride, which gives concentration aura. Antoher alternative is Infinity which gives CONVICTION. But i think Pride is better due to more damge to your party and yourself. Use eth cryptic axe, eth tresher or eth Colossus volgue. CA and Tresher is harder to find eth and with 4 sockets.

Armor - Bramble gives Thorns aura (can be made in Eth armors if u want and are uber rich to spend your runes)

Helmet - Many options here. If u want another aura tou can use Dream (ladder only) which gives you lev 15 Holy shock! :D But you DR and life lecch so i guess Eth Gaze is a very strong option. Otherwise u might use Andariels visage, Tals mask, Guillames face, Crown of thieves (eth if posible), Rockstopper, Eth Shako and many more!

So like it was said above you can have the following auras stacked:

Fanaticism + Might + Concentration (conviction) + Thorns + Holy shock :p

/Dec

8. Pherdnut

Eh... just make an infinity Iron Golem Everybody has a Ber, Mal, Ber, Ist to spare if he dies or gets lost right?

And no, before anyone asks, Holy fire/lightning/cold damage auras do not transfer to skellies.

9. xXDonVonXx

Yeah dude, this I could do although the holy shock wonbt go onto my skelies I will still have it. So, if I decide to go bear I could do some death and my buds and merc will have some lightning too. I love Necros :D

10. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Only the person wearing the dream will get holy shock IIRC

11. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

LOL...granted you probably said that in jest...but no matter how rich I was...I'd never make a IG with infinity...becuase I'd never use IG.

Gumby rules all

HoS