Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you define newbies

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Uriah_Heep, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

How do you define newbies

I am curious how people understand if one player is newbie or not.I personally judge them by what they say:

-Necro,which golem is the best?
    -Dru,what is that red thing around you?
    -Ama,what skills should I use on my ama?
    -Hellslayer is not slow,with shael it says "Very fast attack speed"
    -What is that "xxx sojs sold to merchants"?
    but my champion is
    "InsertName was slain by Quilt Rat" :winner:

2. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

u cant be mean to the ppl who are simply "new" to the game and ask qeustions

but the ones who are new to the game and simply DENY in anyway they are and that they "0wnz0r j00" with their ebayed enigma are my definition of noobs

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

My definition of newbies is those who are new to the game. Or those who are fags and say "PWNED N00b I PWNED YOU WITH MY ENIGMA BONEMANCER"

4. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Today was a classic moment. My zealot vs botd ethereal ww barb. I got him to 1 life with open wounds etc, he tried to run away, into a zombie pack he goes and BOOM

nooobBoitdEthwwBarb was killed by a Zombie

OWNAGE

lvl 93 char just lost a hell lot of exp ^__^

5. Bonesman

Bonesman IncGamers Member

A newb is someone who bought the game last night, installed it last night and thought about in school/work all day and got home and fired it up for the first time ever and has no clue what to do. They're usually nice people to help cause if you can get to them first, then the butthole n00bs can't get their poison tipped claws into them first and attack them with jerkness.

6. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

A newbie is a newcomer and something I truly envy (Remember when you played the game for the absolute first time? That wondeful feeling is lost forever). Newbies are mostly nice and thankful for all help they can get (if they want it of course).

The cursed n-word is something different and I don't think it has that much to do with being newcomer or not. N-word definition: "Stubborn in idiocy. Totally unwilling to change behaviour and take help from the world outside his/her own head. Has a very strong need of being admired".

7. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

Well i met the ultimate newcomer to the game the other night, but he helped me out so i gave him some low to mid lvl stuff for it. I joined an act 5 help game so that i could rush my lvl 1 mule to hell hellforge and i helped this lvl 20ish zon kill baal for the quest. (really easy to get mules to hell with 2 computers) :) Anyway i wanted him to come to act 1 so that i could give him some free stuff and he thought that he couldn't, I had to explain to him how to use the act I-V tabs on top to move between areas, then i had to explain to him that he could now play nightmare since he beat normal difficulty. It reminded me of when i started and my friend/roommate had to answer all my newbish questions.

8. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

newbs- people that nk in duels, say WUG in trade games no matter what, insist on someone teleing to throne or the game just plain sucks and they leave, I could think of more...

9. LifiriTheAncient

LifiriTheAncient IncGamers Member

Nubs- People who think they are better then everyone else wether it is true or not. Honeslty WTF is the point of flaming people, unless you are some nerd that sits at home and plays diablo2 all day instead of going to school and getting an education?

Newbie-Player new to the game; you should help them so that they will be generous when they become an oldbie.

*There is no reason for hate

10. SHAOC

SHAOC Banned

I am better then the majority and I am not a "nub?" newbie.

(IMHO) newbies are the puritan race (legit only) that sit and complain about how another individual ruined their gaming experience by using a duped/ bought/ hacked item.

OMG...get over it. Some players even think that xpac or muling is bad. Go hug a tree to the fullest longhair. You need a girlfriend or something. Then again you would probably dump her if she does something silly like putting money in the free parking square in monopoly.

If you feel sooo strong to defend a video game's honor you need to lose the hobby and gain a cause.

11. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Now how exactly is wanting to play the game the way it's supposed to be played being newbie? Cheating makes you something else than newbie? Quite the opposite I would say although I would also use the degrading term "noob" instead of newbie which is simply a person new to the game.

12. KaNdeeKiD

KaNdeeKiD IncGamers Member

I dont call any1 noobs to be honest, only retards :uhhuh: But i do hear plenty of people who do call others... ither because: 1) They lose a duel to some guy who up himselves,2) They ask stupid questions because they're new, 3) Get killed in hardcore at lvl1 by a quil rat or something like that 4) They're items that some1 is using, 5) Some1 who doesnt play hardcore because they cant be bothered. But really who cares?

13. KaNdeeKiD

KaNdeeKiD IncGamers Member

#4 is because they're using crappy items

14. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Funny people to me are, when they give name to thier character something like:

xXxsorc_mfxXx

these guys will always be new :flip:

15. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

I guess the word "newbie" has long lost its innocence.

I'm trying to think of something we can sorta agree on - maybe someone whose understanding of this game is behind his/her gears and character level?

i.e. If I'm lvl 3 and wearing a crude sash, don't expect too much! If you are lvl 95 with botd and enigma, you'd better know more about the game and etiquette or I'd call you a "nxxx", even though I never call it out loud because it IS rude.

16. Uriah_Heep

I noticed that a big percent of people on battle.net have either names like
    XxXsorc_mfXxX
    Xxhammer-palaXx or
    sfsfsgsfgb
    yeydgd
    the most annoying to me is
    ZzZZZzzZZZZ
    This is a good indicator of measuring newbs.

17. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

:eek: or sumone that got bored....lol how u gonna call sumone a noob jsut cuz of their name...only their actions can actually hold them accountable

18. Uriah_Heep

Yeah,it was amazing.When I died off Andariel 1000 times I had my brother pressing buttons 1,2 if my HP globe is low or 3,4 if it turns green(antidotes).It actually worked and I was extatic:OMG,OMG,I reached act 2.OMG,how cool-it is a desert.Wow,look what cool weapons are the vendors selling.And my first set item-Arctic Furs,I started running around the room from joy.Yeah,that feeling is lost now.
    *hears Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time" on the radio*

19. Inu

Inu Banned

Inu's definitions

Newbie: Innocent new warrior to the realms
    Newb: Arrogant prick who thinks he's super good when in fact he is wrong / Not that good.
    n00b: I never use this word but when I think of "n00b" from another guys perspective I'd apply it to someone who use Oculus saying it's supergood and there's no risk using it when I say he'll die sooner or later but he insults me and tells me I suck then the 8th Baal runs he gets hit, teleport over a wall into a pack of Glooms and loses his 96 HC Sorc. I laugh. Similar to "Newb" but not entirely.

Nab: WTF?
    [email protected]@b: New e-mail addy?
    nOoB: Parkinsons?
    Nub: WTF? You from Denmark?

20. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

I can't decide whether this is an ill conceived flame bait or a demonstration of your definition of a newb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.