Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you deal with people with Road Rage?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HandofElysium, Jun 10, 2005.

1. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

How do you deal with people with Road Rage?

It seems to me at any day of the week there is always some one trying to cut you off or give you the one finger salut every time.

I mean is it me or there is just a complete disregard for any type of self control. If person passes me or cuts me off I get upset but not to the point of constanly honking and yelling at at the window. Then trying to do the same thing.

Any thoughts on this?

2. VaN_haMMerSteIn

VaN_haMMerSteIn IncGamers Member

Do unto others... etc...
    I drive right off the road. :p
    Actually, what I really do is all I can to piss them off. It's fun. Until I piss off the guy driving the hummer and he runs over my little ford. :(

3. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

I'm quite an angry driver, when someone cuts me up I will beep the horn and shout abuse. I'm a fast driver but a good one imo and it just annoys me when people cant do simple things like stay in lane on roundabouts etc.

Even carry a bat for such occasions... j/k

If you dont let people know they cant drive then they'll carry on driving like an **** and eventually cause a nasty crash...

KnightFall

4. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

KnightFall, you bring up a great point. What the hell is the deal with people who can't seem to manage to keep their car in between the lines? The lanes are plenty wide enough--wide enough in this country that you could drive three cars wide on two lanes (and they do in Argentina), so there should be no problem with this, but it seems like a daily thing that I'm driving next to someone who can't seem to stay in their lane and have to take up 3 feet of mine.

5. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

It gets worse... people can't even get the right lanes either...

There's these three newish roundabouts near me and no-one ever gets in the correct lanes. When I use them and go in the right lane I get beeped at for passing people on the inside when they should have turned off not gone strait on. They were built wrong I think, should have only had one lane round each because its dangerous as it is because of retarded drivers. Drives me insane...

KnightFall

6. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

o well

just ignore them. if they loose self control dosnt justify that you make it too. be a good example, even though you ll never get anyone else to follow it :p

as said above, do onto others what you want them to do on you, etc... :thumbsup:

7. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Find a way to piss them off enough so they drive into your car then ca-ching free paintjob.

8. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

You should see India... those drivers are absolutely insane. Its an absolute free for all. However, they seem to be, for the most part, very good drivers.

It also annoys me when people are horrible drivers, such as not staying in their lane... what REALLY gets me (keeping in mind I live in vermont, interstates only have 2 lanes, and it can be a pain finding a spot to pass on non-interstate roads)
    A. People who drive really slowly, we're talking like 35-40 in a 50, there just no need for it, and more often than not, within 5-10 minutes, theres a huge line of cars behind you. Happens a LOT in the fall, when all the leaf peepers come up to oogle at the colors, and feel that driving 15 miles an hour on main roads will give them a better view.

B. People who drive in the left lane in the interstate when they dont need to and are not passing anyone, ESPECIALLY when they do it slowly. This actually happened yesterday, my friend and I are driving along, and a cop goes by us, a few cars ahead, theres a car in the left lane, just cruising along, not really passing anyone, just chillin out there. It took the guy like 2-3 minutes to realize theres a cop behind him, and which point he moved over... its just ridiculous how people can pay so little attention.

My solution is not to get road rage or get angry (well, at least not show my anger), I just pass them.

-Matt

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Nothing a little tire slashing cant fix. :thumbsup:

10. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

I don't see how that would be a problem if you drive a bit faster than the others, which I usually do(not saying I drive at ridiculous speeds, but 80-85mph isn't uncommon).
    The thing is, I don't feel like switching between the lanes every other minute when there's no one driving at my pace anyway, so I stick to the fastlane as long as no one is closing in on me.
    If that happens, of course I'd temporarily switch to the right one.

Concerning the roundabouts Knightfall(?) was talking about, I've been told different things about how you're supposed to drive through those, so I just stick to the outer lane all the way to avoid getting stuck inside.
    It might not be right, but I really don't care as long as it gets the job done and I hear no honking nor see any lights flashing.

11. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Ahhhh the 35 Crew.

The group of people [usually old, from what ive seen] that tend to do 35 Everywhere.

People who decide to overtake then immediatly turn Left is quite annoying too.

12. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

I'm kind suprised at your responses considering you don't know who is carrying a gun in their car. I wouldn't want to die or get hurt of some stupid ****.

13. Freemason

Freemason Banned

The best way to handle road rage is to drive a full sized pickup from the late 60's or early 70's. NOBODY who isn't suicidal is going to mess with you. Somebody in a modern explodomobile wants to run into you? Go right ahead! All you have to do is get out your little broom and sweep their paint off yours. They're going to be a mangled wreck and you're going to drive away.

Even rich yuppies in their BMWs or Jaguars give way to the old pickups. Something about their fear the truck is going to hurt their precious "tiny prick" car. This works even better if you have a gun rack with a scattergun and a hunting rifle in it. A big, slobbering dog makes things even better.

Notice you never hear about a yuppie car hitting a redneck's pickup. THink about it. :thumbsup:

14. LoVePlAyBoY

LoVePlAyBoY IncGamers Member

i hate it soo much, because i worked all during my 4 years in high school inculding the summers with probably a total of 6 months off , to buy my car and it angers my every day that one of these idiots can take it away from me T_T_T_T__T_T_TT__T_T_T_T_T like i'll glady let you pass flash you highs behind or something... JUST DON"T HIT ME!!!

sorry had to get out.

15. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Ohhh... another one. People who pull out in front of me, when there is NOBODY behind me (as is often the case... I drive somewhat fast) I mean, they pull out right in front of me, so that I have to slow down to not hit them, when there is nobody at all behind me... silly drivers.

Its even worse when they are an under speed limit driver, those usually get passed quickly.

-Matt

16. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I can be a quite congenial driver, unless you are a putz on a cell phone and don't pay attention to what you are doing. Or unless you are a pull out and putt. Those are the people that just can't seem to wait for you to go by without pulling out in front of you even though there is no one behind you. Then, they go 10 under the speed limit. Those people get an angry blare of my horn or constant high beams until they turn or go the limit.

Another thing that twirks me off is when people sit at a green light. If I am on my way home and some idiot who is color blind seems to enjoy sitting through a green light, he gets a honk and explitaves out the window (as long as I am kidless).

There is etiquitte for driving and it seems as though quite a few have no clue. My horn, glares and proclomations for them to get off their damn cell phones and drive seems to wake them up.

By no means am I a speed freak. I go the limit. I wait for others. It the morons who can't seem to multi-task that get under my skin.

Smeg, you forgot to mention the sleep deprived mothers. Get in their way and you are toast.

17. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy IncGamers Member

Get the **** out of my way! Where'd you learn how to drive? Cooking school?!

18. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I carry a gun for such occasions...and I'm not kidding.

I do carry on the car for little nasty possible events with Road Rage..and also for breakdowns. Always be prepared. :thumbsup:

19. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I'll flash my lights or use the horn. Here in the Washington DC area it can get quite interesting. But I never give anyone the finger.

People cutting me off is the thing that really makes me mad.

20. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Not that Big of a problem I dont think over here in England, especially compared to the amount of Americans who would carry a gun around with them.