Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do you achieve wealth?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BierWiser, Oct 3, 2006.

1. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

How do you achieve wealth?

Right now my idea of finding good wealth is getting keys and doing torch runs. Me and my friends have found 18/19, 20/17, and 15/18 Paladin Torches in a row. Though the fourth was a 13/12 Necromancer Torch. It's pretty good, but it can sometimes be slow. Also, I play Non-Ladder, so some Runewords are expensive.

What are your ways of making wealth? I see a lot of people with top smiters and around four decked dueling characters.

Cows?
    Boss Runs?
    Cave/Dungeon Runs?
    Torch Runs?
    Making Runewords? (Probably Ladder only wealth).

2. kavehtabriaz

kavehtabriaz IncGamers Member

probably key runz, they got for 2-3 hr these day.for me,I craft ammies ,casters ones.If u can roll a 10 fcr or higher with some nice mods you can sell it for alot.

3. Unrealism

Unrealism IncGamers Member

Hustle real hard...

I'm not extremely rich, but I have managed to gather some wealth. The best way I've found is to become a merchant, look out for smart trades. Learn the market value of items in your realm. When you see a deal on an item, even if you don't really need it, take it anyway. You can often turn right around and sell if for some sort of profit.

eg. If item "x" usually sells for a hr, and you see somebody offering x for um, jump on it! Turn around and sell it for a hr, and you've made something for basically being a middleman.

You can work the idea backwards too. Lets say somebody is overpaying for item "y." Your char happens to be using item y. Take the trade anyway. You can usually flip the items they overpaid with to get item y++.

And during times between trades, go mf or something. You never know what may drop in your "im bored so i might as well run mephy" games.

4. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

I mostly play non ladder too... I was using torch runs to turn a profit too... However, the way to start is to get perfect gems, and trade for the equipment needed to outfit the character well enough to do key runs... Then, use the keys to trade for what you need to make the characters you use gg... Then, do what you want... Cows, boss rushes, character rushes, ubers, DClone hunt, etc...

I've gotten more off of annis than anything else... Non ladder started getting boring, so now I play on ladder to get the rune words and ladder only weapons/armor that cost a bundle on non ladder... When the ladder resets (if?) then I will be well set on non ladder... Far more than I already am...

Mostly, I just play... Forgo the idea of getting wealthy, and just play... It makes the game more fun that way, and wealth will happen as long as you know what to keep an eye out for...

*Requiem_Death

Edit: Also, what Unrealism said... Keep your eyes open for good trades... I've made my self a small fortune that way... Learn the market, and use it to your advantage...

5. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I mooch off my friends. :flowers:

7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I mooch of Evrae's friends as well.

8. Evrae Altana

He's not kidding. That's actually the truth.

9. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

the most fun i had in d2 was when i was dirt poor

10. RequiemDeath

Can I mooch off your friends too?

*Requiem_Death

11. Evrae Altana

How can you do a cross realm mooch?

12. Big Boss

u can mooch off me...all my friends quit so i need new ones lol.

13. Delwrick

Delwrick Banned

Big Boss... you are so right...

When you find your first rare and unquie items you go crazy!
    I went crazy when I got my first magic item, I thought it must have been super rare...

14. Big Boss

exactly...i first played as a bowzon back in .08 or .09 (was too noob to know what version it was). my friends were doing ok, but they never gave me nice items or soj's to trade with. i had the hardest time playing since i had a weak bow and couldnt kill a damn thing. on one day i was cowing with a friend, i opened a chest and out came a unique ballista :). i couldnt believe how lucky i was, it was the first good thing i found and it was exactly what i needed.

15. RequiemDeath

Hmmmm.... :scratch:

I dooon't know...

Big Boss, I need *unrolls the list and reads it all off* and a candy cane, a choo-choo train, an Inspector Gadget doll... :grin:

*Requiem_Death

16. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

i need friends :(

i'm not exactly wealthy, but i started with absolutely nothing, cept a minor outfitted zon with a kuko, and worked my way up from there. but really, it's got to the point i dunt really want anything, just play to have fun...which is what the game is made for.

friends please :)

17. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Can I mooch off you Altana??? Please!

I made an IK barb and am doing D Key runs as they seem to be the most sought after keys. Then I trade one D Key for two or more of the other keys and then trade key sets. This on Ladder.

On non ladder yesterday I found and Ist rune and an Arachnid belt while doing 50 key runs. (But only one D Key)

18. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Just play. I've got about 25 mats/pats, a couple of guardians, and more stuff than I'll ever be able to make enough chars for. Just enjoy the game, items will come.

19. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Mf running, trading, rolling Baal GCs, crafting, gambling, rushing, ninja-looting, amassing Pgems, cube-socketing items, etc. Only thing I never tried were Uber-running, DClone hunting, scamming, duping or going ard chanting "Gimme free itemz plz plz plz." Heh.

I'd say highest potential for big profit came from rolling Baal GC & crafting...

20. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

My way of making profit was when I got my Ber rune for a Eth rune I was about to sell away... and I used it to make Enigma, then traded that Enigma for a Botd.

Eth for Botd. What a bargain!