Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how do u find enough str for spirit monarch?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SawwaMaru, Oct 15, 2006.

1. SawwaMaru

SawwaMaru IncGamers Member

how do u find enough str for spirit monarch?

like what equips do u use or w/e iim confused dont u need like 1 54 str/
    ?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

You could pump strength using the stat points that you earn when you level.

Enigma grants a huge chunk of strength, for those sorcs that actually wear them.

Items like Thundergod's and War Traveler grant strength. Google Arreat Summit for a complete list of items.

Strength charms can be used as well, if you have the spare inventory space.

EDIT:
    Eat Weetabix.

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

After you take frostburn's advice, just pump up the remainder of STR.

The stats of a Spirit Monarch easily outweighs the measily 154 str req.

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

156 plz.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

5. FrostBurn

I've been salivating for hours waiting for someone to say that...

6. SawwaMaru

you know i would make a smart *** comment but then i would be warned by a mod and get ganged up by every other person who views this thread =p

7. FrostBurn

Sorry, there was just something about your first post that was irresistible. :grin:

8. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

enigma, torch, anni and 2 high str rings.

That's over a 100 str right there.

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I usually place all the str points i need directly form what i get from leveling. Those points lost, that could have gone into vitality are easily replaced by life sc charms.

10. dave

dave IncGamers Member

i have CoH, torch, anni, maras, treks...thats ~80 str. the rest i put in from stats and since 1 stat point only = 2 life, it doesnt makes much of a difference in your life bulb. I have >2.2k life after CTA

Never use str charms! a 2str sc saves you 2 stats which = 4 life, but the space could be used for a 20 life sc instead.

11. SawwaMaru

k thanks... and could someone point me to a guide to fi nd and kill Clone diablo? and could my full blizz sorc kill it?

my gear right now is

occy
    dilerium
    sanders boots
    magefist gloves
    2 10% fcr rings
    gheeds (dont know if i needed to add that or not)
    spirit monarch
    crappy amy

and that unique dusk [shroud armor the one trhat gives 1 to all skilss -.-
    im really weak in some areas like everything besides head and weapon/shield

12. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I've asked for that here before myself - never got any answers for help on finding him. Just some guides on how to kill him. All I can say is to do a google search. You'll find a few sites that are dedicated to tracking him down, but most will need you to contribute first.

D.C is pretty easy for just about anyone to kill. It will take a while soloing him with a caster though - think like 10x longer than killing normal baal, but not much harder. I've done it with my hammerdin a few times - once without armor (didn't realize it until after the fact). I even smited him to death with my hammerdin without even swapping out his gear like I normally do. Yes, smiting with a hoto flail, and an exceptional shield (no elite), no IAS at all, and no life tap. Only CB and open wounds was from my goreriders. He still went down easy. This again wasn't intentional, I just responed to a call for help from a friend and realized afterword that I forgot to swap out gear.

13. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

I can't exactly help you with the hunt for d-clone, just run a search as the wise folks have said.

However, everyone moans and groans about the req's for spirit but nobody consider that the sorc is the class that can BEST afford it. How is this you ask? If a barb spends stat points on str he loses a ton more life via BO and natural advantages than any sorc ever would. Thus it hurts him way more to spend on str. Sorcs get a crappy deal on vit = life so it is best to get spirit via spending the stat points for it. up to 35 fast cast, massive hit recovery, only +2 skill shield, buttload of mana, resists, etc. All very good stuff for sorcs. Aside from the fact you can't really block with it Spirit is overall for most builds THE shield for sorcs. (pvp and blocking based builds nonwistanding) For what it grants it is hard to make up in other items or charms IMO. The runes are also cheap which makes it great for a new account. Also, don't bother with higher str req shields with better blocking as its not worth it either, just go with the monarch. I think the monarch blocks at 42% for sorcs and an aegis blocks at only 44% for sorcs so not worth it by any stretch.

That said, be freakin smart about what you need to spend. If you have gear you plan to wear that give str bonuses plan it out ahead of time. Get a notebook, a calculator if needs be (if you are not good at math), and take 10 mins to figure out what you have, what you need, and what you will have to spend. Once that is done I might advise pumping as much as you can as soon as you can to help with having to carry around less str items/charms until you can wear your endgame stuff but a little planning goes a long way. Overall, even if you overspend on str its not a big deal as you get only 2 vit per clvl and I'd rather do life via charms than stats.

If/when you do come accross d-clone if your merc has some crushing blow it will make your life easier as long as he lives. (may not be that long) A lifetap wand may keep the CB merc alive far longer than any other gear he may wear (short of last wish for a barb merc but pricey!) The only wand that will help you would be lower resist but cold mastery should take care of that job.

Hope this helps....

14. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

OR you should just have a look into the Sorceress Guide Library and click on this guide :)

The Biggest Diablo Clone Hunting Guide Ever (hoarshade)

15. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

yeah I saw this before. It does have good advice on how to kill him with physical attack and crushing blow, but it specifically says that casting type sorcs's aren't viable. They are, you just need lots of negative enemy resitance gear (a lot of CM works too.)

But, you'll see the guide we have refers you to other sites to help track him. I didn't think we could link to them as they ask you to contribute cash for membership. There is an option for a free trial thought - is that what makes it legal?

I was just saying, we don't have any similar tracking service on dii.net. I wish we did. You will occasionaly see someone post a thread about a game where's he's walking (if they can't kill him themselves).