how do u build a thunder and frozen orb sorc

blazeregula

Diabloii.Net Member
how do u build a thunder and frozen orb sorc

im going to make a sorc and since i hear frozen orb and thunder are prity good can use tell me how to make 1 that uses those skills

Esuna

Diabloii.Net Member
Just put 1sp for prerequisites so that way you have enough to master your orb and thunder. There being about 65sp wasted, but you should be able to find some items that gives you skill boost 8+.

muserule

Diabloii.Net Member
If you mean thunderstorm, it's generally not considered to be worth the points. It is too slow to be used as the only weapon against cold immunes.

If you have 40 points to play with after your orb skill points you can max Nova or Firewall and their relevant masteries, or just go with unsynergised lightning or meteor/fireball.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm

hmm... that reminds me of 1.09 sorcs, and I guess it could work in random duel games, else thunderstorm is a bit slow to handle packs of cold immunes

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm

hmm... that reminds me of 1.09 sorcs, and I guess it could work in random duel games, else thunderstorm is a bit slow to handle packs of cold immunes
Most 1.09 sorcs come with Nova, thunderstorm and frozen orb.
I remember the time when clearing cows with nova...

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell yeah. Those were the days... Dun forget the mandatory ES. :smiley: Just wish they had bothered to synergise Nova.
And the time when fire wall are also viable...
EDIT: to the OP, I have tried frozen orb + lightning in classic mode, but she barely can kill monsters that is immune to cold. So imo it isn't a good build.