Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do i stay alive(from pk)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ceeshond, May 23, 2008.

1. ceeshond

ceeshond IncGamers Member

How do i stay alive(from pk)

Hello

Ive recently started playing again, and my very first character got around 40ish, was happely doing baal runs and everything seemed nice. then all of a sudden at the end of the run i hear the hostile sound and i drop dead right there and then. nobody around, im not near a TP but it was the sorcerer doing the runs who killed me somehow (and for whatever reason after doing runs normely before)

So my question is.. how do i stay safe from weird PK deaths, and how do i advance safely past lvl 30+. going into private games wont work obviously... Im lacking friends tjo boost me, and Xp is only nice in a filled 8p run imo so i really dunno what to do

Ive concidered switching to softcore, made a sorc on it too, but im missing the rush of HC.. i died while getting boosted (i didnt care) and i just stood up and continued on my way... not a fun way to play imo

So do people nowadays play around with confirmed nice people, are there ways to prevent so called "pk hacks" ? I just need some info... because i really wanna start for real again, but its hard when i die randomly

2. glynnbo

glynnbo IncGamers Member

Re: How do i stay alive(from pk)

Read the Hardcore FAQ,theres lots of good advice in there.If your in Europe read the gauss op thread and join up.Lots of great players in there who will help :)

If your gonna pub,make sure you keep your map on at all times so you can see who's doing what and just leave if your at all suspicious of anything.

Stay away from TPs :)

3. ceeshond

Ill read that.. and im europe, so ill read the gauss aswell :)

I`ll try to be more cautious.. just need some friends to give me some help once in a while :p Was hoping to find some sort of community group so who knows :p

4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

this is probably not needed but

The Password Box is your friend ...

:thumbsup:

5. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

what you suffered wasn't a weird pk, it was tppk. This is totally lame and still not fixed by Blizzard, despite the wishes of the legitimate players. This approach makes Blizz about as lame as the losers that keep doing it.

You mentioned being in europe, so get onto the gauss channel and also, in a few weeks, there should be a new KTA round starzting up. That might be of interest to you as well.

DelBoy

6. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Come to Op Gauss, the channel rocks. My friend is really enjoying it, he's been baalin' there since lvl 50. (NM ofc).

7. ceeshond

Im in gauss now. dont see a whole lot of people in it yet =p but i heared it would get a bit more crowded later.

I learned about the tppk so i did find out it was that, but i am not sure what skill killed me, asi didnt see anything comming my way, but ohh well. Just hope to get some low people together so i can normal baal a couple and perhaps get .. a nm rush (but ill wait with my "demands" :p)