How do I improve my sorc?

San

Diabloii.Net Member
How do I improve my sorc?

I started making a blizz/hydrasorc, so that I could do some hellmeph/-andy/(-baal) runs, and it looks like this now:

Name: Grace
Level: 77

Stats:
Strength 90 (92)
Dexterity Base
Vitality 270 (292)
Energy 85 (125)

Skills:
Blizz 20
Cold mast. 9
Glacial spike 2 (investing here now)
Hydra 20
Fire mast. 20
1 in teleport, telek. and static.
+prereqs

Equipment:
Headgear - Harlequin's crest
Armour - Vipermagi (31 all res.)
Weapon - Oculus
Shield - Lidless wall
Amulet - Rare, with +1 skills, mf, resists and energy
Belt - Snowclash
Gloves - Frostburn
Rings - Mf-rings (31 & 37)
Boots - Emerald heavy boots of luck

Charms:
1 Cold skiller, with 11 life
SCs with resists, life and up to 34 mf.

Blizz damage ~1350-1450
Hydra damage ~650-780
(Don't really remember these)

Merc: Act 2 holy freeze.
Equipment:
Rare circlet with life leech and minor +damage
Boneflesh (for leech and open wounds, could use Shaftstop, but it doesn't need it, really)
Weapon - Kelpie Snare

Now, I know that putting all the rest points in glacial spike would help blizzard a LOT, and increase the freeze length. I'm just not sure if I can kill the cold immunes then.

Oppinions, how much points should I put in glacial, and how many in fire ball (synergy for hydra).

yuqing

Diabloii.Net Member
it'll be good if you can try for fireball, it's really useful, something like this should be right

10 cold mastery
20 blizz
20 spike
10 fire mastery
20 fireball
20 hydra

San

Diabloii.Net Member
yuqing said:
it'll be good if you can try for fireball, it's really useful, something like this should be right

10 cold mastery
20 blizz
20 spike
10 fire mastery
20 fireball
20 hydra
Hm.. I've already put 20 points in fire mastery.. and I don't think the char will get to level 90<.

So you think I should put points in fireball instead of glacial spike?
Blizzard can kill the non-CI:s in hell without glacial spikes synergy, can't it?

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
San said:
Hm.. I've already put 20 points in fire mastery.. and I don't think the char will get to level 90<.

So you think I should put points in fireball instead of glacial spike?
Blizzard can kill the non-CI:s in hell without glacial spikes synergy, can't it?
You would be better off by putting the points into spike since Blizz and cold mastery both benefit from + skills and synergys don't. If you can get cold mastery to 17 with + skills thats the way to go.

San

Diabloii.Net Member
You're not answering my question.

Can I kill CI:s in hell with a hydra, that doesn't have any synergies (well, one point in both) (and static)?

atigdng

Diabloii.Net Member
You shouldn't have a problem killing the CI with your hydra + decent merc.
I think you should keep your hydra where it is and work on your blizzard damage, but you cant really make a bad decision on skill placements if they go into a synergy. I wouldn't put anymore in CM though.