Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do i Build a Lancer>?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by killawatt, Nov 17, 2006.

1. killawatt

killawatt IncGamers Member

How do i Build a Lancer>?

hello, i found this awesome lance the other day and i decided i wanted to make a lancer for dueling but i have absolutly no clue as to how to make a good Lancer (ive never played a barb b4) could anyone help me out and tell me what skills to put into?

Cheers,:thumbsup:

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

20 spear
    20 BO
    20 WW

If you're making a def lancer, you will want
    20 iron skin
    20 shout

if you're make a speeder, you will want this in stead of shout/iron skin
    5 to 10 faster run/walk skill
    5 to 10 natural res

A defence lancer used to be used to duel BvB. These days, it seems everybody is packing a shield, so I imagine very little use for this kind of lancer. If you do want to make one of these, get yourself high defence(near 100 enhanced defence) gear. Ornate, Grim Helm, ect.

A speeder is used these days to duel against casters(In the past also against bowzons, in which case you needed a lot of faster hit recovery so the arrows didn't keep you pinned down). You will want to use a item which has Cannot be Frozen since a lot of 'casters' will be cold sorcs. This means you will have to use either a hawkmail (very good for resists) or a Deaths Sash. A few other, non-cold, casters you are likely to run into are Hammerdins, FoHdins, Fireballsorcs and Lightning Javazons.
    A good gear combi for a speedlancer is Iratha's full set, combined with hawkmail and 30frw boots with at least 2 res over 30. You can start out with simple 30 frw boots and upgrade when you find better ones.