Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How do coutner baal's blood mana as a sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Question, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Question

Question IncGamers Member

How do coutner baal's blood mana as a sorc?

Just spam healing pots?

2. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Re: How do coutner baal's blood mana as a sorc?

Just a funny thoought. Why are you so close to him? Back off of him so it doesn't effect you (I call it manaburnferno) and spam your main spell.

3. Question

It only affects you within a certain radius?

I ran off screen but i still had it on me :(

4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

The mana curse is the reason why I would never bother with an ES build in PvM. If you, or anyone in your party has more mana than hp, baal can cast it.

The easiest counter is to simply have more hp than mana.

5. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

That's a different attack ;)

To counter, have health pots ready and rely more on merc. Be sure to static him early on.

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

You're pure Light sorc with Infy merc, I assume?

If you're not, a Prayer-Insight merc will help you regenerate your health quick enough that you wont need to constantly chug reds.

If you are, then Insight's not an option, so unfortunately you're left with either a) pump Vit and Ene together so your life is always 1 more than mana, which is less than ideal of course for an ES sorc, b) load up on big reds (you should kill Baal fast enough as pure light-infy anyway)...or c) just dont run Baal or any A5 zone where Witches can hit you with BM :)

7. Question

Whats a pure light or ES sorc? I was running baal with max points in fireball, single player normal.

8. eatenbyrobots

eatenbyrobots IncGamers Member

SP normal, you say? Why you're running him in normal is none of my biz, but if you're having issues with blood mana in SP normal, if you have the most recent 1.13 patch, the best option is to respec your statistic points with Akara in the rogue's camp: pump vitality more than energy so that you have a little less mana than life and guzzle mana pots instead. You don't have the luxury of the Insight runeword like the Ladder realms characters do, but its still a good idea to limit the amount of points you put into energy since items can easily give you enough mana to finish the game without ever putting more than 15 - 40 points into energy.

The guys above were calling you an ES sorc, Energy Shield sorc, or lightning sorc, because that kind of sorc usually puts a lot of points into energy to replace their life bulb with their mana bulb.

If your life is higher than your mana by even a single point when you're naked, i.e without +mana items or +% to mana items, you can deal much better with blood mana. For A1 thru A4, you can wear items like rare rings/amulets and charms that give +mana or +energy to compensate for a lower energy stat total. Since you play SP, you may not have access to unique items like Gloom's Trap, Silkweave or Frostburn that add TONS of mana when equipped, but if you can get them via runs they'll compensate for your lower energy stat very impressively. When you get to A5 and are dealing with blood mana, take them off and put on higher resistance gear or even +life/+vitality items and just chug mana pots to compensate.

Charms of all sizes that add mana or life can be your solution here too. Run around killing monsters until a bunch of +life charms drop and put them in your stash until your life is just a little bit higher than your mana. Blood mana problem solved!

9. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

You don't have the luxury of the Insight runeword like the Ladder realms characters do

Incorrect. RW mod is supported for SP chars so they can get ladder only RW's

10. Ghoulz

Ghoulz IncGamers Member

I just put Kelpie's snare on merc and slow baal down and wait for the curse to wear off then blow him away.

11. eatenbyrobots

eatenbyrobots IncGamers Member

@Nurman - Whoa, I had no clue. I'm not sure this bro/sis knows about modding, but that'd solve his issues with four insignificant runes right there.

If you don't mind modding, Question, then that's another option: download/install a mod to add ladder-only runewords to your game and make an Insight. You will never need to add a single point to your energy stat and can just pump vitality.