Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How did you get semi-rich?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CookieCutter, Jul 29, 2010.

1. CookieCutter

CookieCutter IncGamers Member

How did you get semi-rich?

For most of my diablo ''career'' I've been semi rich (sorc with shako, occulus,skullder's,some tal etc) I eventually got rich made a hammerdin like 90% of the other diablo population and mf'd with that instead. after awhile I had my hammerdin+ 2 or 3 other well equiped chars. But now that I'm starting to play again how did I ever get to be semi-rich?
    Here I have some places which might be good enough. Vote or tell me another spot please :wink:

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Re: How did you get semi-rich?

I ran keys and collected pgms, also did rushes.

3. CookieCutter

Ok, thanks for the reply. two quick questions.With what gear did you do the keyruns? because I doubt I'll be able to do anything in hell since I'm starting from scratch with no friends still playing. And got any tips on getting pgems? xD

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. Occulus cant be ethereal

Occulus cant be ethereal IncGamers Member

Getting semi rich later in the ladder season is easy. Pgems of course and collect rals and spirit sets. Right now I only bother with pamyths because im lazy at cubing up flawlesses and they choke my mules.

For NM runs, I did Eldrich and Shenk when my first char is at a mid level. Playing through hell with a cheap hammerdin is easy.

I sometimes get lucky and find a godly rare or some charms with good mods that can equip a few chars with decent stuff.

It didnt hurt this ladder season when my hellforge drops went Gul-Ist-Gul for my first 3 chars. :)

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

At this stage of the season, it's best to collect gems, crafting materials and Spirit runes, as said, with any character who can quickly kill screens full of monsters in nightmare.

At the beginning of a season, visit nightmare Countess until you have runes for Stealth, Spirit (in a sword at that point), Insight, Rhyme and maybe Lore. Then proceed to nightmare Meph+Andy (a few hundreds of runs) until you are ready for hell Meph+Andy. When you found most stuff worth doing Hell Meph runs for (might need a few hundreds of runs as well), switch to Ancient tunnels+Eldritch+Pindleskin. You can use a pure cold sorc until you enter act 5 nightmare. Then it's time to respec first and start a dual element sorc. I use a meteorb sorc.

6. CookieCutter

Thanks for the replies. Made a meteorb, got it rushed (baalbug through nm+hell) Made a few friends on the way and now own occu, tal mask, lidless and a lvl 73(!) sorc=)

7. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

option 5 (as kris mentioned)

Feeding the Crafters/rerollers - pgems / jewels / runes / Spirit packs etc.

Tho without sounding egotistical some of it is experience, knowing what has value and what hasn't.
    example:
    I was in an 8 man public non bot NM baal run, no one touched the "Superior Mage Plate" that was on the floor, it was on the ground for ages - I was on the phone to a mate at the time - and I picked it up, it was 15ed and was "worth" 3 Ists.

Had it been an Um on the floor 7 ppl would have all rushed for it asap (i would have still been on the phone :p).

Knowledge is Power :)

I usually try and contribute to the PC forums, and I read most of the trades threads just to see what ppl need. There's a guy on Eu that wants Eth Ancient Armours to imbue, no one else would pick them up but i know there is someone on ETF who will give me an Um for one, so I'll pick it up.

With loads of ppl either using pickit bots thingies or having better reactions than me, knowing things they don't certainly helps :D

So with the above in mind, i give you Option 6 - public Baal runs.

8. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Tbh, rushes are the best way to go. They are foolproof. (But those damn noobs scam might scam ya)

9. jobo

jobo IncGamers Member

Baal runs are the best especially when the bot drops a 16/14 Pala torch :)

10. sighoth

sighoth Banned

Since i started playing again the only way ive incresed my wealth is through trading, Buy low sell high, Do key runs in the meantime and the occasinal travi run to try and gamble somthing worth it. I could write an essay on what to buy when, how to trade it and what for. but people know most of this anyways, take this for example,

Buy a hoto 30 for an ist.
    Sell the hoto for minimum of Ist-um

It may take you 5 mins, it may take 5 hours to get someone to do this, but this is what i call spendable profit, ill keep that um for somthing i need. If you redo this with many items eventually the wealth just builds and builds, Some advice is to name a price and stick to it, never buy an item for the set market price, allways try to undercut it by a small sum.

if someone wants 3 ist, offer 2 ist + um pul or bigger, 50% of the time they will agree other times they know there price and wont go higher, same goes for selling, if you have a tourch you know is worth an ist, dont sell it for anything other than the ist.

And as someone mentiond earlier ive made a bit of wealth through crafting packs, very easy to obtain.

11. squall78

squall78 IncGamers Member

I've never been much of a trader, so I just do endless pit runs. Also you can hit up the first WP in Act 5 on NM and get Shenk and the other dude nearby.

12. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

my $0.02:

i made my pile of pixels during ladder season three on the following basic principles:

1: D-Keys were MASSIVLY overvalued at the time. Nihlathak was good to me.
    2: Goldfiding/Gambling: my GF skelly'nec has contributed large amounts of e-wealth.
    3: full lvl84/85 area clears with low (ideally ZERO) %MF and hunt for runeword shells.

all of these "mf" methods have worked very well for me. particularly hunting for runeword shells. duped runes are a dime a dozen. high-end bases to make runewords from are a much rarer and hence more valuable, commodity.

13. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

i got lucky the other week and got Lo from tristram hell got me 9 lovely ists to get me a good start. before running hell i was running nm meph/andy/countess and then moved onto hell.

btw what are these "spirit" packs?

14. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

To be honest im always 1 step away of becoming rich on d2. Out of all the diadems I encountered in pits, 90% of them spawned as blue. If only they spawned unique you know what I am saying?

15. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

And any of those diadems could be worth >>>>>>>>> griffons

Artisans/jewelers diadem/tiara of speed/whale would net a lot of nice stuff for you.

"Spirit pack" consists of the runes to make the Spirit runeword + a Hel rune to clean the base. This to re-roll the spirit untill you get 35%fcr (some also aim to get both 35%fcr and mucho mana).

- D.J.

16. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

However I was never able to obtain a 30% frw/30s magic circ out of all the mfing I have done. Or whatever those gg magic circs offer.