Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How Did You Do this Ladder?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Akukami, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Akukami

Akukami Diabloii.Net Member

How Did You Do this Ladder?

Like the title suggests, this thread is dedicated to share your own stories of how things turned out for you in Ladder Season 3. Post away!

- Akukami

2. sickobanza

sickobanza Diabloii.Net Member

not bad i guess
    got many dueling accounts for LLD and MLD
    dueling is my only fun in d2 right now
    when new ladder resets, lvling will be my first priority

3. Zodijackyl

Zodijackyl Diabloii.Net Member

Best BvB on East Ladder
    Hit #1 overall early in the season.

92 Sorc
    91 BvB Lord
    90 Hammeridn

95 Hammerdin LoD

Tons of items sitting around still.

4. squiggle

squiggle Diabloii.Net Member

I did ok, Started classic again, Got some decent gear and some nice LLDers. (Favourite was my zon =] Much funner for melee duels)

Still considering where i will start next ladder. Either Sccl or Hccl and go for Number 1 on ladder or Lod and get rich =/ Then move to classic

5. goomba

goomba Diabloii.Net Member

I'm just hoping that blizzard didn't do an April Fool's... I made some kids in normal happy in a big way a few moments ago...

as for me.

lvl 92 hammerdin - my highest lvl char ever (never really worried too much about getting past 90 before)

lvl ** blizzer

lvl ** hammerdin lord remake

lvl ** mart/MF barb

lvl 86 axe barb

lvl 85 mephy glitcher (1/3 to 86)

several utilitarian lvl 7x character/experiments, as well as a couple into the 80s - most were orber/rushers, and an 80 bone necro

8x fballer <-- will have to explore this build again next season, she really takes mephy down much quicker than an orber, but harder to level (imho)

this reset actually takes place at a good time. I just registered for summer courses, which, combined with summer out door activities means, I can let all you experts figure out what got nerfed, and which build to exploit this time...

most of you guys that I played with, know that I'm the PvM guy, that likes to play co-op, and/or MF...

6. Akukami

I ended with the following characters:

92 Pure Vita Blizzer (Remake)
    90 BvA Mauler (Remake)
    81 BH BvB
    87 Glitch MFer
    80 MF/GF Mauler
    19 LLD Charger

Overall, moving over from NL to Ladder has been one of the best D2 experiences ever, and I encourage any of you NL folks to come try it out, too. :thumbsup:

- Akukami

7. goomba

goomba Diabloii.Net Member

I have to definitely agree. I have a couple of friends on NL still, that overly rely upon some old dupes. They always said that they'd set them aside if/when ladder reset.

We'll see if they hold true to it...

8. zaxien

zaxien Diabloii.Net Member

i did same as ever, lots of high 80s chars, top 10 nec hcl got tons of nice items, sold/expired/gave away em all, started over from scratch did same thing again moved to xpac b/c of dupe.

9. Fists of War

Fists of War Diabloii.Net Member

Didn't really accomplish much at all, but I'd like to see if I could put my head down and get past lvl 50...maybe get onto the ladder if only for a brief period. I can't say it'll be fun remaking lld's, maybe I'll just keep them on NL though. Might get into some caster llds, try to own with them without any gear at all :p

10. quadeddie

quadeddie Diabloii.Net Member

I learned how to play this season (big accomplishment). The good and bad:

Lvl 13 Charge/zeal lld Din (Sculpy Build) - This was my funnest guy. I'd go pking with him and destroy any non lld build (even would go sorc hunting in nm with a good success rate). Very non-assuming, but deadly. I will defintely remake this guy.

Cookie-cutter din build 87 - (my strongest char, a me-too build 'cause everyone had dins)

Trav GF/MF Barb 86 - (I don't like barbs much, but he was a fun build and ended up being my MF Diablo killer in private CS games)

Cowazon (Fred build) 86 - It did kill cows and did help out a bit with mfing. I still think a mephy runner is probably better.

The bad:

My Blizz mf sorc (83) that I just couldn't throw away. This was my first build this ladder. The gear, skills, and points were a mess, but like a car wreck, I just couldn't look away.

My Blizz / Enchant sorc build. All vita build with good gear, but I thought I could get enough in chant to kill immunes in cs after a good static storm. I lost faith and gave up at 75.

Bowzons - all failed

11. Paladine

Paladine Banned

Lvl 98 Cookie Cutter Hammerdin
    Lvl 97 BVC Barb
    Lvl 97 Windy Druid
    Lvl 96 Fury Wolf
    Lvl 94 Blizz Vita Sorc
    Lvl 93 Fireball/Meteor Sorc
    Lvl 92 FA/Strafe Zon
    Lvl 90 PNB Necro

Best Ladder Season ever, extremely disappointed and excited about ladder reset. I need to start from scratch before it all starts getting extremely repetitive! Best of luck everyone! You get a 2 day head start on me since I'll be out of town but I'll be trying for the top 1 spot for a CL sorc ;-)

12. Turtleism

Turtleism Diabloii.Net Member

I think the biggest thing for me on this ladder, was making a name for myself (considering this was my first ladder ever).

I did very well for myself with many, many lld's, some did very well, others where just great for a laugh :)

I must admit, its going to be hard to say goodbye to my perfect sd which i got from my first gull ever. Long live Turtlex, lvl29 sd charger, only thing to have killed lvl29 necros and my oldest and most succesful lld.

I think i might actualy bother with cs'ing on the coming ladder, a lvl 80 char seems sexy :)

13. Monzee

Monzee Diabloii.Net Member

Didn't really accomplish that much this ladder seeing how it was my first time playing classic. However I've now got the hang of how things work here and managed to get several chars to level 8x the highest being 87.

One of my biggest success stories from this ladder would be when I was encouraged to try out a mf barb. Easy to play and not expensive. Needless to say that I quickly found myself as a lvl 78 and decided to imbue a martel.
    Great success. At first I couldn't believe it but in my inventory I had a Martel with 195%ed and 181ar :O Best items I found/made this ladder followed up by 3 soj drops and a godly mage plate.

Im really looking forward to this next ladder but I have my final exam to attend to at the 26th of June and the following parties to celebrate that we are finally done with school. So I guess I won't be around much in the very beginning so I will need to catch up to the rest of you in late July or so :thumbsup:

14. fredsta54

fredsta54 Diabloii.Net Member

89 blizz sorc (expired) sccl east
    76 hb pala Euro hccl (few days till death)
    ** din sccl east

More.. dun remember

Now im Eusccl

4 days... (excitement) new char is sorc, her only will be played... good knows what i will make after, but its all really boring imo, the tri sorc will be leveld highly...

build... ez have it figured

lvl 82 (92 skill pnts)
    Shard
    Tarnhelm
    +1 res ammy (replaced by +2/1/res/ fcr ammy eventually)
    2X fcr res rings (soj replaced 1 eventually)
    Frostburn
    Resist/fhr boots/hotspur, belt, and armour
    ward/30/20 pris shield

cheaper gear to start off w/

20 orb
    -100 %cr after bc and +2 skil from gear
    20 fw
    11 static
    1 ts+ lm
    rest firemastery

Finished at level 82, rest goes to fire mastery
    51 dex, 50 strngth
    Rest vita

Done the skill chart, max orb is godly, 3.5k+ fw, 12 range static +ts, 70 fcr should do well... comments? *_*

Fred

15. Akukami

Fred, you also had your PvM Bowa, MLD Smiter, and MLD Goth Sword BvB on ESCCL. :grin:

- Akukami

16. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Euro SC : Made a 82 pala in a day, went back to nl.

Nice clean thread, let's hope it stays that way.

17. fledgeling

fledgeling Diabloii.Net Member

Ive made a level 45 tesladin on east ladder in order to gather some gear for my (future) LLDs and I found some decent gear (tarn etc)

I think tesladins are the best to start up, they just need full angelics and a stormeye to level, then switch the stormeye for a gull and run diablo normal.
    After you get some basic items (e.g. shard) you can proceed to make a blizzard sorc. However people with two computers have the best options, because they can use the meph glitch extensively

I havent started ladder, but Ive made some characters:
    level 87 hammerdin, who failed to find me anything useful, but allowed to rush friends etc
    level 78 warcry barb, who found me a soj in hell cs :)
    level 70 lightning sorc, which needs to be leveled a bit
    level 67 necro, who turned out to be a decent NvN, due to high fhr and fcr
    tesladin level 45 - low tier unique MFer - with ~300 MF he found me 5 gnashers, 3 iros, 2gulls, 3 tarns etc (made the same type of char to start on east ladder)

LLD:
    level 14 charger - one of the best on realm I think :) decent maul (106 max dmg), pretty decent warhammer (still, TdlOfCC has the best hammer Ive seen), 900 max dmg with maul (or was it even more) and 444 with hammer... general purpose gear (need to get him spurrs). the funny thing is that he lacks hell izual :) the char got killed only few times, usually by high level lamers, he also lacks space for gold ;-)

level 12 healing-smiter - unstoppable newbie killer, everyone accuse him of drinking, he just smites, smites smites for the win
    after 3minutes he managed to kill a level 90 barb

level 11 defense smiter - 900 defense makes him pretty hard to hit, even with angelics. knockback helps him to take out the pesky bash-barbs. I hope one day he will meet a jab-amazon

level 16 fireball din - needs to complete nm and hell, 160fireball damage is HUGE actually
    even vs angelics (50%fr), but probably not vs decent (95% fr) LLD

level 31 fireball sorc - who can kill nearly everything around level 30, apart from Warlock's secret barb (long and hard duels vs him, I think we went 60/40 for him?)

to be leveled up:
    my fend amazon (stuck on level 44, needs to get to level 85 to be effective I think)
    my goldfind barb - stuck on level 6x (high goldfind gear, but my hammerdin failed to gambe anything nice, so I stopped collecting gold)
    my smiter - stuck on level 35, but pretty decent LLD, especially around level 28 (only 1 javazon managed to kill him)
    javazon level 65 - still low damage, despite I put everything into lightning dmg skills, not cow killing skills
    level 25 enchantress

characters stuck around 30:
    my fend amazon - stuck on level 44, needs to get to level 90 to be effective I think, since the level differnece negates the fend bug
    avenger level 30, with self-claimed best knout on realm (94max dmg hahah)
    bonesnap freezadin - stuck on levle 40 (boring)
    poison + skellety mancer - dropped, due to lack of effectiveness, poison mancer in remake cold+normal damage amazon - he idea is to get a 150dmg bow AND 60pts into cold dmg, for both physical and cold dmg, found a GOOD bow only recently
    level 1 trap sorc, who got to hell - has most of the gear needed, but still no time to level her up
    level 60 defense barb - I made him last week, now he has around 9000 defense, still needs to be leveled up to get some BO (I will stop around level 75-80 I think) and a pair of goblins (haha, cant find them on any mule :D)
    level 30 - speedbarb, who will be my test character (I got a nice lance from Warlock)
    level 40 blizzard sorc (I just prefer to MF with orb) and level 40 fireball sorc (I want to duel with her, 110fcr + 86fhr rock)

I dont mention my: sanctury zealot (lacks good scythe! I dont want to build one using a 130dmg 40ias BH), berserk and concentration barbs (who lack weapons, levels and time)

failures:
    FOHer - bad gear selection (uniques), bad skill placement
    95% crushing blow barb - my first barb, 140 dex was a bad idea (my 2nd char also...)
    level 18 poison amazon LLD - LOW DAMAGE, NO MANA, THEY RUN AWAY TO TOWN, OR THEY CHASE YOU till they kill.. (or you both run out of stamina)
    all uniques general purpose sorc - uniques lack one thing - fhr, what makes her suck (I think I could give her the unique belt with 30 and 10fhr boots to help, still pretty bad :/ )

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  18. Zodijackyl

Zodijackyl Diabloii.Net Member

Almost forgot one accomplishments:
    #3 Necromancer HCCL Europe earlier on (further down the ladder by now)
    UM-Necrolust

19. sickobanza

sickobanza Diabloii.Net Member

thought this topic is about Ladder accomplishments O_O
    anyways i just made a lvl 29 zealer (ladder) weeks ago with General Tadagli(or whatever u call it) and holy freeze, works very good until chargers and ww barbs come along. i basically can kill a lot of duelers except for the 2 i have mentioned from a range of 20-40

20. Rawly

Rawly Diabloii.Net Member

Do i sense a little tension?

Well back on topic

Started the season trying to get top 50 in all 5 classes in softcore (europe), did that with 85 ama, 87 sorc, 85 necro, 90 pala, 89 baba. Then went a bit ladder mad and got to #11 on ladder with lv 94 hammerdin, got bored and started playing HC got to lv 93 hammerdin on hardcore think that was top 25 or so, got bored went back to sc to lv up sorc to 91. Then act 5 exploit came along and ruined the game for me so i stopped playing. Also played a little lod got lv 93 hammerdin in a week (lol) and 2 x lv 90 sorcs.