Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How did you do it?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheSpeaker, Mar 30, 2005.

1. TheSpeaker

TheSpeaker IncGamers Member

How did you do it?

I get totally lost... I am a n00b (just so you know ;))

I played the game once, got bored because my char was beated up because I didn't know about resistances...
    Second time, got bored because I didn't have any good gear.
    Third time, stopped because I didn't have any good gear... still
    4th time.. now... I got an account from a friend which had very good items so I'm playing it again...

But how do you find so much rare stuff? Do you trade a lot, do you have a lot of friends which give you items or something?

Also, when will the ladder reset again?
    And why doesn't any BBCode work in here, same with signatures...

2. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

You don't need uber gear to have fun and complete the game. The character forums on this site and the diabloii.net strategy guides are full of builds and ideas.

An untwinked summoner necro can go through Hell without uber gear. Same goes for a Lightning Javazon using a cracked javelin. Have a read, test some stuff out.

You can do it without uber gear. Try it, you might like it.

3. TheSpeaker

I'm not talking about hoto or enigma or anything, just good uniques and stuff, is it viable for me to do it on my own without (much?) trading?

4. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

well any sorc can get through the game really well and their great with for magic finding even with 100 magic find you can find some decent stuff. im not sure what kind of chars you like to play melee or caster. also another good build is a windy druid with huricane/tornados/cyclone armor. alot of decent gear can be achieved with runewords. my fishymancer which uses corpse explosion along with skeletons and a might merc is able to walk through hell with only 0 all resist (after penalty is taken) and 75 lightning resist to deal with the souls.

5. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Very easy, just build a meteor/fo sorc, then play. All you need to do when your lvl is low = run + hide + shoot fire ball. Just do that, and lvl with other people. Dont worry, there is always ppl who is good enough to bring you through normal first 4 act. Then just go do Baal run until lvl 25(I think this is best lvl to start normal baal run, before that, just go tomb run from lvl 15-20, then do normal cow from lvl 20-24, then do ancient to add 1 level). Again, all you need to do is run + hide + shoot fire ball or meteor..nothing hard here.

Just keep doing that, you should be able to find some unique or set item along the way. They might not be godly, but you dont need godly in beginning anyway. Use those unique or set to trade for some MF gear. The cheapest MF gear for beginners are like following:

Tarnhelm+Chance guard+Goldwrap+Nagel ring, or you can always wear any ring with MF on it..which should not be hard to find..as long as you have patient to get all the ring on ground and identify them. So as amulet.

And dont forgot to collect all the gem you found on the road, cube them into perfect gem, they are very useful. They are not very hard to get for newbie, you just need to be patient to collect them. Just about 12-15 pgems, you can get an Oculus or Skullder for sure to complete your MF gear.

Another faster way is...do your Forge..if you luck enough, you can get Pul, Um, Mal, Ist or even Gul on Hell level forge, then you can simply use them to get anything you want. (Not godly, just basic setup for MF sorc).

Then complete your hell mode, and keep lvl...again.always lots of bot around, you dont need to worry about lvling. Once you hit lvl 75 something(which is very fast to achieve through hell baal run) you just open private game, and keep kill Mephisto and Andy in hell level. By that time, you should have about 300-400 MF, you will get tons of unique from them no problem. Those unique might not be useful, but sure you will find some elite unique once a while.
    Meph basically can drop almost eveyrthing in the game...just be patient and kill him with your high mf sorc, you will have bunch of unique or set in no time

6. ladydraxis

ladydraxis IncGamers Member

If you invest a little time, and dig into these forums, you will find all the information you need to get the gear you want. You can read up on how to cheaply build a character that can handle Hell well. You can learn about how and where to do MF (Magic Find) runs. You can find out what items are tradeable, as well as what they are generally worth. You can even trade your extra items for the items you want/need.

Basically, if you arm yourself with the information available to you in these forums, you won't have to worry any more about getting beat up or not having any good items because you'll really understand how the game works. It will open up a WHOLE new Diablo II world for you. Enjoy it!!!

7. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

I'm not sure how long you have played the game during prior attempts, but it is not a game designed to be beat quickly.

I think most of the fun is building up characters and finding items for them from scratch; it takes some effort in the beginning, but you learn more about how the game works and what different item modifications do. I would almost say don't even use your friend's account he gave you until after you have played for a month or so(just log into the account now and then to make sure characters dont expire), his account might ruin the game a bit for you since the characters have already been built to some extent, along with containing items you aren't familiar with. This also helps you discover on your own what different character skills do by building them yourself. Feel free to post any questions here you might have too! I started playing over the summer and haven't stopped; I just wish I had discovered d2 sooner.

It has not yet been announced when Ladder season 2 will end. If it is the same length as season 1, then it should end sometime in April. That is assuming that the season will ever end, of course; WoW has distracted Blizzard from maintaining D2 like it has in the past. I have heard rumors saying December it will end. No official word yet though

8. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

you can get a lot of decent low-mid lvl gear (including mf) for some pgems. Then start doing nm andy or meph runs to gain your wealth.

You need to be a d2 pal for sigs and stuff.
    http://www.rpgforums.net/subscriptions.php?

no one knows when ladder resets.

9. ZugZugII

ZugZugII IncGamers Member

My advice...

Well I play solo right now but I have some simple suggestions. First get anything that increases the chance of getting a magic item percentage, a ring or an amulet or a bit of armor. Even a 10% increased chance helps. Second you can just buy some items, every time you are in town check with the smith or trader. I bought for my current Passive-Barbarian a Great Axe with a Cold Bonus of 2-10 Damage. I also have the Magefire Light Gauntlets adding 1-6 Fire Damage to each attack. Third thing is the Hammer Quest just don't take the Imbue right away I'd wait until you hit Level 15 or more- the higher your level the better the item. But you don't need fancy equipment to do well- really. Just get the best gear you can. :thumbsup:

10. TheSpeaker

Thanks all, you have been great help! I owe you guys. :)