Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How did this happen to me?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AgentOrange, Feb 9, 2004.

1. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

How did this happen to me?

SO, I've recently been blessed with a girl in my life, (no I'm not a virgin, no this isn't my first girlfriend, just a great one) and I can't figure out why! I mean, we are so different, how can we get along so good, let's compare our charachteristic traits together, this will be fun, eh?! :love:

Me:
    - Routine: I wake up, I go to work, I get home at 4, I play Counter-Strike till 10, I talk on the phone, I go to sleep, repeat.
    - Hobbys: Computer Games

Her:
    - Routine: Wakes up, goes to school, leaves an hour early to go to a different school for sports medicine training, goes to basketball practice, comes home, goes to volleyball practice, comes to my house.
    - Hobbys: Anything sports related.

So basically, I'm a 6'0 tall 220 pound computer weirdo (though I'm not ugly) and she's a 6'3 180 pound Captain of the High-School basketball team baller :p How the **** does this work?!?! Maybe I shoudln't complain, might jynx it. I honestly don't know why I'm posting this, sheer boredom at work I would guess, hehe.

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Holy sweet crap you caught a tall one. I need a girl like that, I'm 6'5 and my girlfriend is like 5'2, it's scary.

But hey, sounds like you got a good thing going, have fun and try not to screw it up. :cool:

3. AgentOrange

Luckily I've passed the point with her where screweing it up would leave me with no......memories ;) *wink wink*
    Yeah, no, she has weird fetish's though :p

4. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I don't follow.

5. AgentOrange

lol I'm really just trying to initiate humourous conversation to subside my sheer boredom at work, this is really all I day, I'm leeching off the system. They should fire me, I'm basically sitting here refreshing the page until someone replys :p haha.

6. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Seems your luck has turned around pretty nicely lately. First you got that sweet job and now this.

I don´t think it´s that odd though, you two being so different. All the girlfriends I´ve had have been ambitious and have led ordered lives while I´m a total deadbeat and screwup. I´ve never had a girlfriend who enjoyed geeky stuff either and I´m a geek.

I think that thing about having things in common is a bit overrated. Sure, it´s nice if you can relate to each other in some way and don´t hate doing things together, but how much fun is it really to hang around people who are just like you in every way? It´s pretty awesome to have someone cool to explain new things to you and to venture into areas you´d never go otherwise.
    Maybe you´ll turn her into a CS player, who knows. Maybe you´ll take up running around throwing balls at things...

7. AgentOrange

heh yeah I just noticed that, my luck has been turning around a bit, I guess I should stop staring up at the sky at night cursing at whoevers up there, right? :p *hum*

Anyways, I do agree with you on the whole "opposites attract" theorm. Very, very true. She's revitalizing.

p.s. does anybody know any entertaining web sites to go to? my eyes are basically closed right now.....argh.

8. AgentOrange

Oh, by the way, she's not that much into CS, well, not at all actually. Last time she was over and I tried to get her to play it with me she started playing Snake on her cell phone.

9. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I don't really believe opposites attract in relationships. Not meaningful ones, at least. It's always good to have common ground, to share things together, and to make sacrifices for eachother. Not to be a pesimist, but I believe this relationship won't last as long as it seems you want it to. She sounds like someone who's striving to go ahead. When it's time for sacrifices, are you going to and be willing to make them? Just a thought, don't take it to heart.

Oh and be careful about screaming up and cursing into the night sky... one of these nights an alien's gonna beam you up and probe you for being an odd form of "scream at the night sky for no reason" human.

10. VampiroXIII

VampiroXIII IncGamers Member

So am I, and I dated a girl that was 5'10" once, and it was still weird.