Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how did this happen (sob story)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by uberjolt, Mar 5, 2004.

1. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

how did this happen (sob story)

I'm in a duel game with my assassin, and I die. Instead of getting my corpse i just leave the game because the guys were pretty BM, and I make a new duel game. I try to click my corpse and it doesnt work. Thinking it's lag I wait a few seconds and try again. I pick up my body and it dissappears from the ground as normal, only I AM NOT WEARING MY EQUIPMENT, I AM STILL NAKED. WHY IS THIS? I lost a bunch of really nice items on my ladder assassin, including a nice 3 to traps ammy, 2 claws with +3 traps, a skullders, thundergod's belt, waterwalks... not to mention my weapon switch that had bartuc's... Needless to say I'm a little peeved. What would have caused this?

2. BongRipper420

BongRipper420 IncGamers Member

That sucks man, same thing happened to me a few months back. It's possible that you might have picked up an item and died with it on your corpse before you quit the game.

If you leave the game with more than one corpse on the ground, only one set of equipment can be saved. Basically whichever corpse has the most gold value in equipment on it is saved for the next game.

For example say your regular gear had a total gold value of say 450,000 if you sold it all to an NPC and tried to buy it all back. Now say while you were fighting you pick up a rare assassin claw that has a gold value of 750,000 gold because of a lot of +skills on it. If you die with the 750k gold claw on you and you leave the game with both corpses still on the ground, only the claw will be saved the next game because it has the highest gold value of all your corpses the previous game.

3. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

I only died one time, and in an odd revelation, my belt was somehow recovered from the corpse i picked up in the next game, but was put in my inventory. I hate bnet.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

Then stop playing.