Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

''how could this happen to meeeeeee''

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Manago, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Manago

Manago IncGamers Member

''how could this happen to meeeeeee''

So I got in yesterday, leveled to 20 on a sorc, got one-shotted by a hostile paladin (didn't leave the game quick enough) and remade another sorc, got it to 20 and joined an enchant game...

Got enchanted, left the party, started clearing to (and the first part) of CS [gettin' my diablo quest done] so anyway, they're talking or whatever so I just keep clearing, it's great, no one around, near-full game, good XP.

Then on my mini map I see someone's name, not coming up from the river WP (like I had to do) which afterward is VERY strange, when I joined the game (it had been up for 1 minute) both the PK and enchanter were in A1. I went to A4 and saw no TPs, so HOW did he get further into the sanctuary than I was is a mystery... What made it even stranger was I saw him on the mini-map and almost instantaniously there was a lightning cast at me (even though he wasn't on my screen yet [set at full 800x600 res]) *poof* direct hit, dead.

Is this how good PKers have gotten? That they can teleport deep into CS without me seeing them pass by, then one-shot me the instant the name appears on my map, without ever actually seeing me? Or was this some kind of hack?

Yeah yeah, private games etc. but if there's no HOPE of surviving in a public game then why bother playing? It's supposed to be a online community, not 20 people that have to hide out in the corner, if I wanted a small community like that, heck I'd just go outside :jig:

2. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

It doesn't say in your post when the hostile sounder went off. If:
    1) It went off and then you died like 0.5 seconds after then you were tppked. In that case the user was probably using all sorts of 3rd party programs to teleport him around for him and auto aim at you from far away, etc.
    2) It went off and had been on for a while. Then hostiled people don't show up on your mini map until they are much closer then partied people so it's quite possible that he teleported past you and then came back. As far as the insta death from off screen goes, well lightning travels for a long ways and it was probably a lucky shot. Your mistake here was staying in the CS after you heard the sounder.

As far as the rest of your post goes. Public games are retarded, yes it is sad, yes it does ruin the way the game was ment to be played online but it's the truth. If you play in public games you will get PK'ed or TPPK'ed, it's a fact.

join op xbananax, introduce yourself and play with the folks there, or password protect your games it's as simple as that. There is a reason there are so very few HC games and it's because everyone is hiding.

Good luck with your rebuild though!
    -hps

3. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

tppk

I wonder if there's a hack that lets people see where players are even when not partied. 3 times I've been leveling in obscure locations only to have someone show up on my map. Always save and exit when that happens.

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Well @ least now, I know y I saw "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" spoken by Manago when I got back from afk...

I was kinda guessing as much... that it was some sort of DEEDS.

Sorry 4 your loss... u will get over it and move it like most others.

But as stated as soon as u hear a warning klaxon or even get that strange feeling in your gut... after a while you will learn this skill... of premonition... S+E.

5. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

There is a program like that. There is a certain druid that had followed me around when I was unpartied, proceeding to list the stats of my gear and charms, life, amount of absorb, etc. while I was well out of town. He said he wrote it himself, and that he used it to bounty hunt only. I have no idea if it is a released trainer, or if he was just saying that to make himself feel better about using a silly hacking utility. *Shrugs*

Lucky

6. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

spam imo......

7. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

No that wasnt spam. Yours is spam.

Anyway. Yes. Op xbananax is the place to be. Safe for the most part from tppkers and all the bad peeps around. I havent been around in a while because I just got out of the hospital once again. But you will see me around

*SpadeHC

8. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

There is a bug that I have heard of called farcast. It lets zons shoot lightning at your from far away.

9. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

There is a bug that I have heard of called farcast. It lets zons shoot lightning at your from far away.

True...

But, to be safe, I would always avoid public games..

10. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I would think everyone already knows about Farcast. It's not only on hardcore but on softcore as well. Probably just ported past you and then initiated tppk.

11. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

manago: whats your account? your 20 sorcs screen name? (if you got pk'd by a pally at lvl 20 then i'd say theres a 75% chance it was me. sorry :))

If i was to offer anyone advice on avoiding tppk; the biggest thing would be, always pay attention to your party screen. If there is a high lvl tppk potential char, know where they are. If you cant find them, stay in town or change games.

banana is a place to meet people but it by far will not protect you from pks. I infact pk'd a necro two days ago only to go to the channel to find out he was a banana members. You have to stay on your toes if you want to play in pubs.

I don't know what farcast has to do with anything. Basically farcast is casting CS at an opponent from a distance. I don't think you would be able to tppk with farcast as you would need to click on the opponent with your CS after hostiling them, not sending out an attack and then hostiling.

Just for spam purposes I killed a 49 zon who attempted to farcast me in a duel game yesterday ^^

12. Manago

Manago IncGamers Member

I'm no longer on the Manago account, after getting one-shotted by a charging paladin in arcane (dead for the third time :cry: ) he said he'd killed me before and was "hunting me". I asked why and he just laughed and called me a noob :scratch:

So now I'm on a new account, I ''tricked'' Tek/Wingblade to do ancients for me actually (Char name = Hypno).

I actually lucked out quite a bit I think... Got to hell via a free rush from ''Lazt'' (he glitch rushes mules for hell forge). I got Ist off my hell and Um off my NM (for me to keep). Then I went and found someone that wanted to give me Gul and Vex for the Ist Um, I checked the arreat summit and realized those were much higher than the two I had, so I traded (seemed like a good deal). Then I traded the Gul+Vex for a CTA and Umed Shako :prop:

So now I'm a 70-something hammerdin (after seeing Lazt dominate everything, kind of inspired me) with 1600 life [BOed] and close to max resists in NM!

Still playing public games, it's sweet too, last night I was doing NM baals, I'd put on vigor (super fast) and kill meph + his 3 council cronies, then go to act5 just in time for them to have reached the throne room haha.

I've got my "Anti-PK sense" back, I've had about 8 people directly try to kill me so far. First was when I was 12 (enchant game, was doing catacombs level 20ish barb came with raven claw, started aiming some fire arrows at me [enchanted to the 1.5k range] so I dodged to the side just in time [it's weird, he hostiled, and then the message didn't appear but he had left the game]).

Then there's been a couple in baal runs, I've had people try to dirty-TP PK people (me + others pile in to find a throne full of glooms shooting at us and dolls surrounding the portal [<3 Emilio for taking the hits]).

Even got drunk and took a couple bone spirits to the face before I quit the game [they like didn't hurt me at all :flip: ]

Anyway yeah, so if you guys want hammerdin with level 8 battle orders (soooo good) in hell baals or more preferrably nightmare baals [or cows] look me up! *HypnoToad